Chapter 21

Emma was cuddled into Regina.  Her head was curled under Regina's chin, and Regina was holding her, softly sleeping. 

Finally, she woke up, but couldn't even comprehend that the person she has wanted since the day they met was wrapped in her arms.

She held her close as Emma continued sleeping.  She didn't want this moment to slip away from her like everything else had in her life.  So she held her for every second that counted. 

Until, a loud pounding on the front door woke Emma from her sleep.  She was startled and jumped up.  Luckily, Regina's quick reflexes kept her from getting hit. 

"What's going on?!"

Regina laughed, "Well, good morning, Darling." Regina purred.  "I suggest you put on some clothes."  She said as she scrambled to her feet, grabbed a robe, and went to the front door.

It was still pounding as she opened it.

"Give me my son."  Robin fumed.  His anger riled up even more seeing her in a robe. 

"Not until you calm down."

"You cannot keep my son from me, Regina."

He stormed inside pushing past Regina, "Roland?!"  He screamed.  He was truly starting to believe Regina was evil.  Just like everyone else had.  He was enraged and heartbroken. 

"Robin!" Regina exclaimed.  "You need to calm down. 

Robin came close to Regina's face.  "You do not get to tell me what to do anymore."

"What's going on down here?"  Emma asked from the top of the staircase, and crossed her arms. 

He eyed Emma up and down in a huff.  "I've come to get my son."

"You look drunk." Emma stated.  "I don't think you're in any condition to be taking him home."

"Daddy!" Roland said standing next to Emma.  Regina was heartbroken as Roland ran down the stairs, and over to him.  Robin scooped him up. 

"Time to go home love," He said and kissed his cheek.

"But what about mom?"

Regina's heart sank even further. 

"She won't be coming with us." He said and stormed of slamming the door behind him. 

All she could see was the torment of Roland's face as they left the mansion. 

Emma came down the stairs and wrapped Regina in a warm hug from behind, and whispered in her ear.  "I've got you."

Regina turned to face Emma and rested her head on her chest.  She sobbed. 

This time Henry came down the stairs quietly and eyed Emma.  She gestured to him to go back upstairs.  He looked sad and went back up the stairs. 

Regina looked up from Emma's chest and wiped her eyes.  "I'm sorry."

"Why the hell are you sorry?"

Regina questioned that for a minute.  "Yeah, you're right," she chuckled. 

"That's better."  Emma smiled and kissed her softly.  Regina kissed back in return.

"Breakfast?" Regina asked.

"Pancakes?"

"Absolutely.  How about we surprise Henry with breakfast in bed."

They headed towards the kitchen and got out the ingredients for the pancakes.  Emma poured the ingredients into a bowl and started stirring the pancake batter. 

As Emma was stirring the batter Regina took some flower from the bag and blew it in her face.

Emma looked like she had been in a mine only instead of her face being black it was white.

Regina chuckled as Emma scrunched up her nose and stopped stirring the pancake batter.

"Really, Regina?!" She huffed and powder blew off her face.  She laughed again.

"That's it," Emma said as she scooped up some batter and started flinging it at her. 

Regina laughed and ran around the island of the kitchen.  "Emma!!!!" She screamed, and laughed.

A voice sounded from the hallway.  "Good morning," He looked at them and shook his head.  Who was the child in the family?!  It was nice tho. He had never seen Regina like this before. 

They stopped abruptly after chasing each other.  Regina stood up straight to set a good example for Henry, but it kind of failed because there was pancake batter and powder all over her.

He shook his head and laughed. "I guess we're having pancakes?"