Prologue

L I A M

I had just got home from school. Everything was normal, at first.

I said hi to my parents then walked up stairs to my room to get started on homework.

It was about an hour after that when my life would change completely. I heard the door bell ring down stairs and someone answer it. A few minutes later a heard yelling and my mom sobbing.

I opened my door and began to slowly walk down the stairs until an unfamiliar man came into view. He had tanned skin, strong arms, a broad chest, a face sculpted like a Greek god with striking blue eyes that held anger at the moment.

I felt my breath get caught in my throat as those blue orbs locked with mine, "Liam, how nice of you to join us." His voice was deep and held power even with that one simple sentence. How did he now my name?

My mom turned to look at me, tears running down her face.

"What's going on?" I asked coming all the way down the stairs.

"You're coming with me." the unnamed man said, grabbing my arms.

I looked at him in confusion and looked to my parents. My mom only stood crying in my dads arms. The look on my dad's face was that of nothing but guilt and sadness.

"What are you talking about?" I asked looking to the man who held my arm.

"Your parents never told you?"

"Told me what?" I looked to my parents in utter confusion. I was the only one that didn't know what was going on.

"I will explain later, right now you might want to grab a couple things and say goodbye."

I ripped my arm away from him, "I'm not leaving." I looked at my parents, "Your not going to let him take me are you?" My dad just looked away and my mom sobbed harder.

I felt tears start to brim my eyes, and I felt an unbearable pain in my chest as the man took my arm again, "Do you want to take somethings with you or not?"

"I told you I'm not going." I yanked my arm away again.

"I take that as a no." he threw me over his shoulder and started for the door.

"Mom, dad! Help!" Tears spilled out of my eyes. Why were they just standing there.

I kicked and screamed until I was in a car. I looked out the window and my parents were just standing there watching me get taken away.

I turned to see the man sitting beside me in the back.

"What the hell is happening to my life?" I asked quietly, mainly to myself.

I felt his hand on my arm and backed away, "Don't touch me." I said coldly.

"This isn't my fault."

I looked at him like he was crazy, "Really? Then why the fuck am I here?"

"Don't use that language with me Liam unless you want to be punished. Your here with me because of a debt your parents had to pay a while ago."

"What are you talking about?"

"Right before you were born your parents were in debt, and not in a debt that they could pay off with cash."

"Who were they in debt to?"

"My father."

"And why the hell is he so important that the debt had to be paid with me?"

"My father was a highly respected mafia boss and he said he would let your parents live if you were given to me when the time was right."

"I am not, and will not, be yours."

"We'll see about that." A sick smirk spread across his lips.

I looked at him in disgust, "Who the hell are you anyway?"

"I'm Enzo Di Mercurio, I took my fathers place as mafia boss a few years ago."

"Great, just great." I looked back out the window.

How had my life changed so drastically so fast?

*Chapter one will be publish Friday March 11*