Chapter 34

Sorry for the wait.

Another time skip.

L I A M

I was sitting down in the garden, eating some nuts and fruit as Oliver sat at my feet, the cats walking around, exploring the different flowers.

I got the sudden urge to pee and groaned. I felt like all I ever did was eat and pee now that I was seven months pregnant.

I pushed on the back of the bench to help get me up, Oliver jumping up when he sensed me moving. I smiled and rubbed behind his ears when I was standing, I stretched a bit, trying to get the pain out of my back.

I walked back in the house and emptied my bladder before walking to Enzo's office. I knocked and one of his men opened the door. Enzo was on the phone but that didn't stop me from walking in and sitting down across from him.

He was speaking in Italian so I had no idea what he was saying, I only recognized the word addio which meant bye.

"Is something wrong, love?" He asked.

I shook my head, I opened my mouth to say something then stopped as I felt the baby kick.

I jumped up and sat in Enzo's lap, pulling his hand and placing it on my stomach where I had felt the kick.

It wasn't the first time our baby had kicked, but I always loved to show Enzo.

It took a minute but our baby kicked again and Enzo felt it, looking up at me and smiling.

"I want to go shopping for our baby boys nursery."

Enzo looked at me surprised, I had been reluctant to go baby shopping, something in me just didn't want to get my hopes up and I was afraid of the way people would look at me. But I had faith, our son was going to be born healthy and strong and I didn't care what people thought. We were going to take our new born son home to his beautifully decorated nursery.

"Are you sure?" Enzo asked, studying me.

"Yeah." I smiled, sitting up.

"When do you want to go?" 

"Can we go today?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course." He smiled and sat up, making me stand with him.

My feet were starting st swell along with my belly and I found that I walked with a limp more than usual, my gained weight becoming too much for my previously injured leg.

"I've got to do a few things first so just get changed and we'll leave." He said and kissed my temple before walking off towards the front door. Callie rubbed against my leg, purring as she walked between my legs. She had slowly become more close to me after I found out I was pregnant.

I smiled down at her before heading up stairs, gripping the rail as I made my slow journey up, Callie and Oliver following me. When I got in my room I saw that Simba was just leaving. Bella was asleep on the bed and I ran my hand down her multicolored fur before going into the closest and changing.

I met Enzo down stairs, surprised to see him ready to go. I guess I took a while to change.

We walked out to a waiting car and drove to the mall.

Enzo helped me out of the car and I winced as I took that first step with my sore leg. Enzo wrapped an arm around me steadying me then we walked into the mall.

Instantly people stared, some whispered but Enzo held me tighter and whispered to me sweetly.

When we got to the first baby store I instantly drifted to the cute baby clothes, my anxious mood from the whispers and stares gone as I examined the cheesy sayings on the baby boy clothes.