Chapter 5

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

L I A M

I had just finished breakfast and Enzo had walked out of his office wit his second in command, when the door bell rang. It was the first time I had ever heard the noise, no one ever visited, and when they did, they didn't ring or knock.

I almost got up to go get it, then I remembered the guards answered the door and didn't worry about it.

Enzo motioned for me to follow him, and we walked into the living room, where a woman, in a formal dress with a bag hanging from her shoulder, was being escorted.

I remembered then that she was the wedding planner.

"Good morning Mr. Di Mercurio." She smiled sweetly.

Enzo nodded, taking a seat on the armchair, "Thank you for meeting me at my home and planning this on such short notice."

I took a seat beside Enzo and offered a smile at the lady, that although smiled, still showed slight fear in her eyes towards the powerful man in front of her.

"Of course," she said, pulling out a few things from her bag, "So have you two decided where you want to have the ceremony?"

Enzo looked at me, encouraging me to answer, "Some place in the forest." I answered honestly, yet vaguely.

She nodded, eyes slightly wide in surprise, "It will be cold and difficult to find a place in such short notice." 

"We understand the consequences, Ms. Summers, and we can use my land, there is plenty of it and there is a perfect spot just past the tree line, exactly what Liam is looking for." Enzo spoke smoothly yet sternly, scaring the poor woman.

She still held herself high and nodded, scribbling something down on her notepad, "Do you mind if we go out so I can examine the spot and see how much space I'm dealing with?"

Enzo nodded, "Of course."

I felt myself smile, happy I'd get to go outside and see more of the house.

He stood and we followed him to the doors, "Can you prepare the car, we will be driving into the yard."

The man at the door nodded and walked out the door. Enzo turned to me and held out my coat, "It's cold." 

I slid it on and turned to the woman, "Do you have a coat?" 

She nodded, "Yes, it is in my car,  I didn't think I'd need it and it was one less thing to get through security." 

We walked out and she disappeared to grab her coat.I felt his arm wrap around me, holding me close. I looked up at him, too lazy to fight him about holding on to me, "Security?" I asked.

He nodded, "I can't just let anyone walk in here, what if they tried to hurt you?"

I rolled my eyes deciding to change the subject, "So you've already picked out a spot?"

"There is a clearing, just through the trees that I think will be perfect, just big enough and flat enough for everything we need." 

I nodded, looking to the trees, which surrounded the house and the long gravel driveway. I was excited to see what the place looked like.

Ms. Summers showed up with her coat just as the car arrived.

We all piled in and the driver drove down a worn dirt path through the trees and stopped when we got to a clearing.

It was beautiful, the trees stopped to make room for a patch of land big enough to make room for benches and benches. It was perfect, exactly what I was looking for and it gave me a weird feeling inside that Enzo would know that I'd love it.