Chapter 13

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes.

L I A M

It had been a week since I was shot. Enzo couldn't rest, he was always up and pacing, yelling at his men when they came back with false leads or dead ends. Enzo was anticipating another attack but he was also trying to attack them before they attacked us. But nothing was happening and we weren't finding out anything useful.

The doctor, Dr. Mettio, was coming back again today. The medicine he gave me was actually working very well. Enzo was a little skeptical but I downed it with the rest of my pills before he could argue.

The medication made me sleepy though and I was only awake a few hours of the day to eat, use the bathroom and once I took a shower, with Enzo had to help me with but I kept my boxers on.

My sleeping habits made Enzo stress even more about me because he was afraid that I was getting worse, I disagreed. I felt great for those few hours I was up during the days and my leg no longer throbbed randomly. I could also move my arm without my shoulder screaming in protest. Whatever Dr. Mettio gave me was working, very well.

"Ortiz, I swear to God, if you or anyone else comes back to me with a dead end of a false lead, I will shoot you." Enzo yelled, Ortiz had came into the room to break the news to Enzo.

"Enzo." I scolded, "Calm down."

He glanced at me and his scowl disappeared, "I can't stand this not knowing. They need to die for what they did to you Liam."

"Don't take it out on Ortiz or any of your men. They've done nothing but help you." I said.

He sighed but didn't say anything else. Ortiz disappeared and a few minutes later Dr. Mettio walked in and got right down to business, "Hello, Liam. How have you been feeling?"

"Good." I said honesty.

"Great, have you been taking the medicine I gave you?" I nodded and he continued, "You must be sleeping a lot then." I nodded again, "But have you noticed a difference?"

"My leg doesn't throb anymore like it did, even on pain killers. I can also move my arm without it hurting really bad."

"Wonderful. I'm going to remove the bandages and check your leg." He said taking a seat and I rolled onto my said so he could remove the bandages and take a look.

"I'm very surprised in the improvement. Liam could you move your foot for me?" He asked.

I moved my foot around only a whisper of pain coming from the movement, "How bad does that hurt."

"Barely at all." I responded.

"Wonderful." He said, "Roll to your back please." Once I was there the lifted my leg just so it was above the covers, "Tell me when it hurts." He said and he began to raise the lower half of my leg."

I made him stop when my whole leg began to be raised and I felt the slightest tug on the wound and I hissed, reaching for his hands to stop him. Thankfully he stopped.

Enzo stepped up and pulled Dr. Mettio away, "That's enough."

"Sorry." He said, "You're showing major improvement. I think soon you should start walking around on crutches, as soon as your shoulder heals, which it should be good enough in at least three days. You don't need to be in bed this much, it's not very healthy. Keep taking your medications, and as soon as you feel that your shoulder is healed enough to use crutches, use them." He instructed while carefully wrapping up my leg.

"I will see you again in a week if you have no other concerns or questions." He said.

"Is he supposed to sleep most of the day?" Enzo asked.