Chapter 18

E N Z O

I knew letting my brother stay with me would be the worst possible thing. He wouldn't leave me or Liam alone. I knew he was proving that he wouldn't knock up one of my maids by constantly bothering me or Liam.

I nearly killed him when he bothered Liam while he needed rest. I was out so I didn't know until I had gotten back and Liam was still listening to Niccolo ramble on and on, though he was half asleep.

"Enzo, what are we going to do today?" Niccolo asked as he walked into my office, my guards staying where they were, but eyeing him like they did every time he walked into the room.

"You are going to shut the fuck up and leave me and Liam alone." I said, getting up after finishing the last of my work.

"That's harsh." He pouted, looking through the papers on my desk. I smacked his hands away and pushed him away from my desk.

I sighed, rubbing my temples, "You give me a headache," I mumbled, "How about you go out?" I suggested, smiling. Why hadn't I thiught if it sooner?

"Whoa, your going to trust me leaving the house?" He questioned.

I almost laughed, "I'll send guards with you, of course. There's no way in hell I could trust you alone." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Hmm, alright. When can I leave?" He asked, examining the painting on my walls. He was like a child.

"Now, please. Go now." I said.

I gathered a few guards and infirmed my driver.

"No clubs, bars, strip clubs or any place that might have alcohol or drugs. I'm testing the little trust I have for you, don't fuck up." I said sternly.

"Sir, yes sir." He mocked with a salute.

I rolled my eyes and watched him walk out.

When I saw then drive out I mentally reminded to do something special for the men I sent out with my brother.

I walked up to our room and Liam was slowly getting out of bed. He leg was almost done healing. Only a stretched and nasty scab remained, though he couldn't walk on the leg completely yet. He still needed his crutches.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to go outside." He looked at me, pausing his movements.

"Wait, where's Nic?" He asked.

I smiled, "I let him get out for a bit. So he won't be bothering us."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck, I would never get used to him initiating any kind of physical or intimate contact. Ut took so long for him to get used to me, I guess in the back of my mind I thought it would never go further.

"Do you still want to go outside?" I asked and he nodded.

I picked him up and he groaned, the only thing he hated is when I treated him like a 'child', carrying him everywhere.

We passed Ortiz and Marco on our way out. They were working on Ortiz's walking and physical therapy with Dr. Mettio.

Once we were in the garden Liam resting his head on my chest as my arm wrapped around him.

We were silent until Liam asked, "Can I ask you something?" He spoke lightly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why is... no." He said trying to find the right words, "What is Niccolo's story? I heard a little bit the first time I met him, but I want to know the whole story."