Chapter 5

You're the judge, oh no, set me free
***

"Rachel?" A voice called out from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I answered from my bedroom.

"Can you come down here?"

"Yeah."

I made my way downstairs and was met with my parents and Emily sitting at the table. My mom guided me towards them and I sat next to Emily.

"I know we told you you had lots of time to think about this, and you do," Emily started. "But we wanted to have a discussion about it now. We want to hear your thoughts about it and see if you have a decision made yet."

"We want to know what you have to say about all this," my mom added to the conversation.

"I-I don't know what to say," I stumbled out.

"I understand it's a lot to deal with. Did you want me to ask you questions instead?" Emily asked and I nodded my head.

"Have you enjoyed these past few days?" She started off.

"Yeah, I've had a lot of fun."

"Do you feel comfortable with him?"

"I do."

"Are there any times that you feel uncomfortable or unsafe?"

"He's been great the entire time." I try to hide a smile as I remember the funny moments we had and all the jokes he told me.

"Do you see yourself spending more time with him, and maybe even living with him?"

I paused for a moment considering her question. I had only met with Joe a few times, but it was like we'd known each other forever. "I do see myself living with him."

"Is this your final decision?"

"It is. I want to live the rest of my life with Joe Trohman." I let out a breath of air and smiled; my decision was made.

"I'll let him know," Emily smiled and went off to the living room with her phone.

"Rachel, go on upstairs to you room," my mom said to me.

"Hmm?" I questioned her.

"We need to talk in private."

"O-okay." I went to my room and fell onto my bed. I could hear talking coming from downstairs and I chose to ignore it, grabbing my phone. A text came through and I smiled as I opened it.

*I can't get over these ketchup chips*

*I told you they were good,* I answered.

*How's it going over there?*

"I can't believe she chose to go with that drug addict instead of staying with us!" I heard from downstairs. Okay, he's not a drug addict; just appreciates weed.

"I know, I know. I don't like the idea of it either." Glad to know they want me happy.

"We can't stop this, can we?"