Chapter 7

Some secrets were meant to be told
***

I opened my eyes and immediately yawned. Looking around, I had forgotten about the events of the day before. I sat up in bed and everything clicked inside my head.

Home.

Memories from the day before came back and I smiled at everything. I couldn't remember the last time I had woken up feeling happy.

I got out of my bed and got dressed for the day. Once I was ready, I remembered my way downstairs. I could hear Marie and Joe already up and moving around. The smell of coffee was clear as they both held mugs in their hands.

"Morning," I called to them and they both looked up with smiles on their faces.

"Morning," they greeted me. I sat down in the chair across from Joe and curled up.

"Did you sleep well?" Marie asked.

"I think that was probably the best sleep I've had," I smiled.

"Good. We don't want you being uncomfortable while at home."

Home.

"Did you want any breakfast?"

"No thank you; I'm not really hungry in the mornings. But thank you, though!"

"Not a problem. If you get hungry and want a bite to eat, the kitchen is yours."

"Thank you so much."

Marie went to say something else but Joe's phone began to ring.

"Sorry, but I gotta take this. Hello?"

Joe's Pov:

"Hey man, what time you wanna start today?" Pete spoke in my ear.

"What do yo- oh crap. I completely forgot about that." The guys and I had planned a meeting about our upcoming tour. And the meeting was at my house.

"That's cool man. You still good for it?"

"Yeah, yeah. Anytime in the afternoon is good."

"Cool, I'll be there around 2. Sound good?"

"Sounds good. See ya."

"See ya, man," he hung up and I put my phone away.

"Who was that?" Marie asked.

"Pete. I forgot we had planned a meeting for today. It's our turn so they'll be here around 2," I said and stood up.

"Thankfully you're home now or else you would have had some explaining to do," Marie joked.

"So they don't know either?" Rachel asked.

"Nope," I smirked.

"Man, you really enjoy surprising people," Rachel laughed.

"It's what I do," I playfully winked at her and went to my room to get ready for the day.