Allergies: Japan x Reader

A year ago
     "I swear, I'm gonna be single for the rest of my damned life." You hung your head, holding an empty glass at the bar.

"Now now, don't say that! Jou are SUCH a catch!" Elizabeta, your best friend, reassured.

"Yeah, as if." You said, burping. This was the lowest time of your life so far. You were in a three year romantic dry spell. Sitting around, watching all of your friends get married (and laid), it just sucked.

      "I think I should get jou home..." Elizabeta placed your arm around her shoulder and lifted you up, stumbling a bit as you fell into her neck. "Oh lord, you're worse then I thought." And with that, you blacked out.

Present
      "Herro, are you home?" You heard your boyfriend Kiku say. You went rushing to the door, and greeted him with a smile.

     "Hello!" You leaned in and hugged him. "Happy one month anniversary!" You squealed, pecking him on the cheek.

     "As to you," he responded, kissing you gently on the lips, and then kissed your hand. You were surprised by the gesture, as he wasn't usually one to be all over you in such a manner.

     "Hehe, did Feli teach you that?" You giggled, blushing.

     "Francis." He said, moving back from your hand. You mentally cheered, as you talked to the French man earlier that week about how Kiku didn't show affection, hoping he could help.

     "Tell him thanks a million. So, what should we do?"

      "Oh, well, I made reservations at a nice sushi restaurant, if you'd like to go out to eat." He smiled softly.

      "That sounds lovely. I'll get ready real quick." You went upstairs to your bathroom and gussied up. You brushed your beautiful (h/c) hair as smooth as it could get, you put on a little bit of makeup, and threw on a blouse and skirt. You twirled in the mirror as a final check, and went back down. Kiku hadn't even taken off his shoes.

"You look beautifrul." He said. The Japanese man then led you to the car, like a gentleman.

Francis must've giving him lessons or something. He never acts like this! I like it. You thought to yourself. You slipped out your phone and lowkey texted the French man:

Mercí.

He replied asking what for, but you left it. He'll figure it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We are here." He said, parking the car. You looked up and saw an expensive-looking restaurant with a zen garden out front.

"It's gorgeous Kiku!" You replied, eyes sparkling. "But it looks so expensive!"

"I'll cover it. Just enjoy." He led you inside.

"Yōkoso! Table for two?" The cheery Japanese waitress rang.

"Hai." Your boyfriend said, taking off his shoes. You did the same.

"Alright, follow me prease!" Kiku and you were then seated at a kotatsu table in the garden (it was chilly out) and served amazing food. You were careful to pick around the seafood ones, as you were allergic to seafood, but you didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Kiku was, you know, Japanese, so it could cause some troubles. You ate almost all of the vegetarian rolls gleefully, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the meal, he led you to a nearby park. You walked around and talked for what seemed like hours. Listening to him speak was so relaxing to you; his soothing Japanese voice was music to your ears.

"You knowr?" He said, finishing a statement.

"Yeah, I get that, trust me." You were to focused on his voice to notice before, but you soon felt very ill in your stomach. Oh crap, did I eat some fish!? I must've. Pleeeease don't vomit on our anniversary! You panicked internally.

     "Are you alright?" Your boyfriend asked, noticing your green-tinted face.

     "Yeah I'm alright" You said. Struck with the familiar sick feeling, you threw yourself over the fence of the garden and let loose.

     "(Y/n)! You need me to call doctor?!" Kiku frantically asked, giving you a little space.

     "No no, I'm *gulp*, fine." You said, trying to stand up straight. "Just... Allergies."

     "What are you arrergic to?" He wondered, thinking about what he did wrong.

     "Seafood." You said, wiping the corner of your mouth with the side of your thumb.

     "WHAT?" The Japanese man asked, surprised. "You ate sushi all night!"

     "I thought it was vegetarian...." You said, embarrassed. "I guess only some were."

     Kiku placed his hand on your back. "You shouldn't have his this from me. Let's go home and get you cleaned up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:
Short and (shitty)sweet!

Sorry this was so short, and that I haven't updated! I've been traveling a lot, it's finals season, AND I'm trying to work on other stories. I'll work harder!

Up next: (request) Italy X Reader X Romano lemon