Choices- Hitman Jones x Dacnomaniac!Reader [PART 3]

"Al..."

The champagne glass almost slipped out of your silk gloves.

He turned and walked away without another word, leaving you standing there, alone.

He had been hired

To kill

His father.

Why? Why would someone need him dead? Everything you heard about him made you think he was a good man. Your mind was full of questions. You knew that Arthur had been involved in some risky business in the past, but why would someone hire his own son, who he hasn't seen in 10 or so years, to kill him now?

You walked quickly in the direction Al went, bumping into people and not caring one bit. You finally found him, leaning over a balcony, shoulders hunched up.

"Al..." You said softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and looked at you coldly, frightening you, before launching into your arms. He dipped his head so that it hung off your shoulder, your face pressed into his chest gently. He spoke gently.

"I- I've never felt so... vulnerable."

You pulled your face away from his torso and looked up.

     "Al, were you given a reason to kill him for when you were hired?"

     "No, it was a speedy deal. Usually is."

     "Do you think your father has done anything wrong? Or would?" You stepped out of Al's arms.

     "Nope, he's a good man. He didn't ever act hinky." He rubbed his temples with one hand.  You stood and thought, until an English voice caught Al's attention. He looked over his shoulder swiftly, to see Arthur greeting his guests.

     You looked over right after him, but unfortunately made eye contact with the blonde. He began to slowly make his way towards the balcony you were on.

     "Al, kiss me. Now." You said sternly.

     He didn't hesitate to do so, pulling you by your waist into him. You wrapped your arms tightly around his neck, lips locked closely, effectively hiding both of your faces. Arthur decided not to interrupt, and walked away.

     You pulled away, looking over Al's shoulder to check the coast.

     "We're clear."

     Al's hand migrated down to his hidden gun holster, when you grabbed his wrist.

     "Don't do it, Al."

     He raised an eyebrow at you.

     "Think of everyone we've ever taken out. Pimps. Abusers. Unjust government officials. Hell, just plain out bad people. Your father, a generally kind person, should not be grouped in with these people."

      Al lifted his hand away from his gun.

      "Part of our job is justice. So if you want the money that badly- money we don't even need that much- then go ahead. But I don't know if I could ever look at you the same." You looked him in his familiar cyan eyes; a sight you never got tired of. His eyebrows furrowed and he dipped his head; you had gotten to him.