Chapter 4: Move Along

I stared at the fallen angel, somewhat taken aback. If they were from a language only known by the angels that was made for the angels; why was it appearing in my newly found visions?

"Why would I be seeing symbols meant for angels? And I felt a weird sense of déjà-vu... But I've never seen the symbols before in my life."

"You cannot possibly be a prophet seeing as Kevin is still alive and-," but I cut him off.

"Kevin's a prophet?" The brunet nodded.

"A prophet of the Lord, yes. Only one can be alive at a time, so that takes away that option... You said you recognized them?" I nodded.

"I've never seen them before though-not until yesterday." This seemed to puzzle him a bit. He actually looked almost helpless. Glancing at me again, his eyes narrowed.

"Have you ever come into contact with angels before?" I looked up, startled by the question. I suppose it would make sense, but I hesitated. It was weird. Although it had caused my mental stability to decline, I had managed to tell Dean with relative ease about my parents, but when it came to Cas, even though I had known him just as long as I had known Dean, the words seemed to settle on my tongue, unable to pass my lips in fear of being scattered and compromised.

"Grayson," Cas said gently, his voice pulling me out of my thoughts.
"I have, as a matter of fact," I replied quietly, averting my gaze when he attempted to make eye contact with me. There was a long pause.

"I am assuming it is a touchy subject," he asked a little while later, taking his seat beside me again. I nodded, sighing.

"If you need to know what happened to figure this out, I'll tell you-- just don't bring it up or ask about it again."

"I promise this will be-," just then the door on the upper landing flew open. We looked up just as Dean and Sam came flying in, bags dangling from their hands, but something was up.
Sensing the tension, I stood up, catching one of the bags as both brothers threw them down causing most of them to go sliding across the table.

"What'd we miss," I asked rummaging through the bag in my hand. It was filled with bags of M&M's and at the bottom sat a cherry pie.

"We have a case," Dean replied hastily taking the bag from me, checking on his pie. I rolled my eyes.

"Or, well, we have a case," Sam said motioning towards himself as well as his brother and Cas. "You need to rest."
"What? You think I'll hold you back," I asked glaring at him. "I can hold my own. I'm perfectly fine."

"Stand up straight then." I hadn't realized I had started to lean on the table. My legs felt weak and I was shaking again. The faint throbbing in my head had returned as well. I pushed myself up, attempting stand, but I nearly collapsed again.

Dean caught me, gently guiding me towards the closest chair. Sam raised an eyebrow. There was a long pause. I sighed.

"Alright, look. I may be a little tired, but I can keep up. I promise. I know what I'm doing," I said pushing myself out of the chair and turning on my heel, heading towards the door. "Just give me like ten minutes to get ready." And with that I left them, heading down the hall, leaning on the wall, using it to support my aching body. Maybe staying behind wasn't such a bad idea after all.

I shook the feeling off, swinging by Dean's room to pick up my bag before stepping into the bathroom at the end of the hall. Everything started spinning again and I leaned forward, grabbing the edge of the sink. It soon faded and I turned the water on, splashing water in my face, eventually moving onto fully washing it and attempting to get off my makeup from yesterday.