Chapter 17: Just One Yesterday

I don't know how long I was unconscious. I just remember the throbbing pain radiating from the top of my head as I came to. At least thanks to the pain, I knew for sure I had been hit in the head. My eyes fluttered open, but I was met with darkness.

I looked around, somewhat confused and rather disoriented, but it was too dark wherever I was to make anything out. I tried to move, get up, only to find that I was tied to something, most likely a chair. I growled, annoyed, pulling against the ropes tied around my arms and legs, unable to break them, eventually giving up and leaning back, defeated.

"It's always me," I sighed tipping my head back, almost bored, but instantly regretting it as pain split through my skull. I cried out, swinging my head forward, tucking it against my chest, hoping for some kind of relief, and eventually the pain faded to a gentle throbbing again.

Slowly lifting my head this time, I began trying to make out my surroundings and trying to decipher what was going on. Although I couldn't see anything, I could hear the pitter-patter of what sounded like rain on the roof, and the howling of the wind-the beauty of fall storms. Otherwise, all was quiet.

Now, as for all that has happened, I knew something weird was going on with Dr. Moss from the beginning. I knew something was off as soon as we had stepped into her office-- and when she said the bodies had already been shipped off. My suspicions had peaked at when she said we couldn't look at the reports because they were 'classified'. Now, sitting here in this chair, I could confirm, that something, indeed, was up.

I sat in silence for a while, left to my own thoughts. I tried to devise a plan, but I knew so little about where I was and who had really captured me that there were too many variables to consider-- looks like I would have to make it up as I go. All was relatively quiet.

I stated to doze off, wondering if Dean, Sam, and Cas were searching for me. Wondering if Garth was even concerned even though I had just met him. It didn't seem likely. Ever since I'd first met them all I had ever caused by as trouble and a lot of unnecessary worrying.

I was jarred awake a few minutes later on a loud banging on the door. Electricity crackled through the air. My head shot up, my eyes widening.

The door flew open, and a tall, heavily built, muscular man with dark burgundy hair walked in, his piercing blue eyes glowing in the darkness.

"I take it you're Thor," I said as he approached me. "Or rather, the God of Thunder in a vessel."

"Indeed, I am, weakling," he snarled, his brows furrowing. "And you will address me as such." I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't go getting your panties in a bunch," I replied. "You seemed a lot friendlier in the movies."

His eyes narrowed, and he looked as if he was about to lunge for me, but stopped when someone grabbed his shoulder.

Dr. Moss, or rather, a God in the doctor's body, stepped around the God of Thunder.

"And which Norse goddess are you," I asked, my eyes narrowing. "Since obviously you're not who you look like you are."

"I am Sif, Goddess of the Earth," she replied bluntly, her eyes dead set on me. There was a long pause as the goddess and I glared back and forth at each other.

"Are the preparations for the ceremony complete," Thor asked, interrupting the silence.

"Almost, darling. Patience," Sif replied, not taking her gaze off of me. "The time will come. The sun has yet to rise." my eyes narrowed.

"That explains why we found the symbol Dagaz in the victim's houses," i hissed under my breath. I saw Thor's eyes narrow.

"I see, you saw those-- yet you walked right into our trap."