Chapter 33

Months have passed since then, months of happiness, sorrow, arguing, making up, and above all, just loving each other endlessly. Two days I don't think I will ever forget are the wedding and the night we adopted our little boy, Bobby. Don't ask why we named him that, I just like the name. Don't look at me like that!

Ian is less lonely at home and a lot happier, and I have so much to look forward to everyday, like his shining blue eyes when I get home and he's reading little Bobby a story before bed. I can't explain how great it makes me feel to have two people in my life that I love more than myself, and I'm pretty great.

I often look back at how far we've come, Ian and I. Every since we were little kids, we were best friends, and somehow we managed to take it so many miles farther than I would've thought possible. He was always there through the worst times. I was always there for him, and we will continue to be there for each other until the last breath. I can't remember a time without him, and I don't think I could live without him.

I often wonder what my life would be like now if we'd never met. Would his life still be hell? Would my life be great? Would the roles switch? Who knows? I try not to dwell on it because I wouldn't trade a second of our time together for anything.

Ian has had a few of his little freak outs in the past months, but he's always managed to pull himself together without much help from me. Sometimes, he needs to take some time to himself and hides away in our room, but usually he's fine.

I've heard that Ambrew finished college and moved in with Adam, who I hear also lives with Ty now. Apparently he's changed a lot since high school. The three of them visit every so often, but Ty never comes alone. I wonder if he still feels guilty about bullying Ian. Mitch and Jerome have moved in nearby and have a little girl who Bobby likes to play with. My mom flew in from Denmark and visited for a few weeks after the wedding. Life is just so different now. I never imagined one person could change your entire life in a single moment. I thought the whole thing was a fable.

Speaking of fables, Ian is still writing. He writes every chance he gets, mostly stories he can read to Bobby before bed. He asked Mitch for opinions and help on a few of them whenever he would get writer's block, and he still does sometimes. Mitch sits with him and looks over the stories now. He got ahold of a friend who could help Ian with publishing if he ever wants to, and I've never seen him happier than when he's reading and writing.

As for me, I'm kind of ready to quit my job. The boss sucks. However, I've already found an alternative; youtube. That's right. I am going to be a youtuber. Although I'm not sure what I should call my channel. I'm thinking about using my gamertag, Crainer. Mr. Crainer, because I'm awesome and deserve that title. Miisssterrr. Sorry, got a bit carried away.

My life with Ian has been one heck of a rollercoaster, one that I don't plan to get off of any time soon. He is my life, and I know he feels the same way. I'll admit, we're not an average family, but we're just a little different.