Talk To Me

HERMIONE’S POV

         As per usual Draco left the room before me. I had been a little slower than usually the last weeks. Draco was hurt from what I had said when we woke up, and he left extra quick that morning. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. I shouldn’t have said anything. With a sigh I got out of the bed and went to the bathroom.

         After a long shower I step out on the cold tile floor, the room was filled with steam and I couldn’t see anything in the mirror. That was the point of taking such a hot shower, I didn’t want to see anything, especially not myself. I wrapped my towel around my body and, reluctantly, I opened the door to my room again.

         My room looked so empty without Draco in it, I shouldn’t have said anything. Those things I said, it reminded me of when he brought me to Hogwarts from St. Mungos. I had said some pretty awful stuff to him that morning as well. I buried my face in my hands as I sat down on my bed. I needed to apologize to him.

         I got dressed quickly, making sure my belly was hidden, and then I left for breakfast. I had to be more creative with my clothes because it was weekend, so I couldn’t wear my robes. They did a really good job covering my belly. But I just decided on a pair of black pants and a loose shirt, luckily my bump wasn’t too big yet.

         “Something’s wrong with her.” I stopped at a corner when I heard Draco’s voice. I thought he would be in the Great Hall by now, but apparently he got distracted.

         “What do you mean?” I gasped silently when I heard Ginny’s voice. I couldn’t believe they were going behind my back.

         “She’s just acting weird. She’s been avoiding me lately, and just this morning she kind of blew up on me and…” he trailed off. I felt the water rising in my eyes; they were talking about me. He thought I hated him, I didn’t.

         “And what?” Ginny asked hesitantly.

         “She basically told me she hates me for what I have done to her, especially for getting her pregnant. I don’t blame her, I would hate me too if I were in her position.” Draco’s voice dropped to a whisper as he spoke. But Ginny’s gasp was loud and shocked.

         “Hermione is pregnant? Why haven’t you two told me? I’m your best friend!” her voice was loud in contrast to Draco’s low one. Bloody hell, there was a reason I hadn’t told Ginny. She was too loud about these things. The whole school was bound to know by lunch.

         “Shit. Ginny, don’t tell anyone about this, okay? Hermione doesn’t want anyone to know about it. She doesn’t even want the baby. But you need to talk to her. She doesn’t sleep. She won’t eat. Try to talk some sense into her, please.”

         “I won’t tell anyone about her, don’t worry. And I will talk to her about everything. But right now I’m hungry. Let’s get some breakfast.” I heard them leave. I couldn’t hold my tears back any longer; they fell freely from my eyes.

         I was so sick of crying, but it seemed to be all I could do at the moment. Draco had just the day before said it was my hormones, but that wasn’t all. He didn’t know what was going on inside my head. He didn’t know why I didn’t sleep. It wasn’t only because of the nightmares. It was like every time I closed my eyes I saw Lucius Malfoy’s dead body on the ground in front of me. His eyes staring vacantly into mine, blaming me for what I did. I still couldn’t believe I had done it. My actions haunted me every day and night.