Chapter 9: Hello My Little Guido.

Chapter 9:

I was frightened. Utterly frightened. Dayton stood in the doorway looking hot and heated. I hadn't seen him angry, I know I've only really known him for a few days but I wasn't, no I hadn't pegged him as an angry guy. The times we had talked he seemed relaxed and carefree and now he was scaring me. Not nearly as scary as the Sylus douche, but Dayton's anger seemed so atypical, it was frightening.

I instinctively covered the girl. It was just the constant need to protect things that consumed me. 

"Move, the maid is being incredibly foolish with her tales."

"Dayton," I drew out cautiously. "What are you going to do if I did, you literally look like you're going to kill her if I do." The girl whimpered behind me at my statement. And I stiffened again.

He was in front of me. Tall as ever and intimidating, his laughter sparkling eyes seemed altered into ones of deJkkkfense. I scrutinized his details. "She's speaking ill of the kingdom and I'll have none of it. And she's filling your head with fictitious notions." 

"Dayton she didn't mean it, it was exactly that a tale, she's probably getting sick with worry over her mom. She said her mother has fallen ill? You should probably give her sick leave so she can atleast visit her mom you know?" I smiled in hopes of swaying whatever decision he would make.

"I would, but her mother isn't in this world. And she's not allowed entrance into the other, she's probable been consorting with witches to obtain that information and is now seeking pity. And I'm sure if my cousin were to be here he'd have more to say than I." He straightened giving a haughty look. Dayton's eyes roamed looking behind me at the girl and then settling on me protectively in front of her. It looked like he was silently judging me, and once he was done he cleared his throat. "I bid you leave, but your to address the king of what you did and what was said. If the king is unavailable take the matter to Prince Sylus. It is his home, not mine." He nodded, and the girl, Cheyenne bowed scurrying out of the room leaving me uneasy with Dayton.

My heart was thumping loudly against my chest. I no longer had the comfort in being in the same room as him. I cleared my throat walking back to the love seat at the end of the bed. Dayton stood in the same spot, scratching his neck. "Uh- I-I didn't mean to scare you, I just kind of take offense when people try to say anything bad about the kingdoms."

I scoffed, "Yeah you were acting pretty cray-cray."

"You ate?" Dayton asked looking at the silver platter on the loveseat. He walked over to the platter beside me twirling it at a fast rate between his hands.

"Yeah that Sylus guy, he is..." I trailed off not wanting to have Dayton go all pyscho again. "Uh- quite a character." Dayton's brows rose, as if agreeing then quickly furrowed. "He ate with you? That's a little off. I couldn't eavesdrop, what'd he say to you."-

"Told me we're forever lovers." I said bluntly.

Dayton's face dropped. "Oh...so that's why..." The platter stopped spinning between his hands and he gripped it tightly. "You're his whore." he ground out, in all seriousness. I looked at him as if he'd grown another head.

"His whore?" I burst into fits of laughter. "No honey boo boo, that's most definitely is not what it's like." It looked like he finally exhaled, he sunk into the loveseat beside me smiling. He was grinning ear to ear and turned his body towards me. "So you're not his whore, secret girlfriend, nor wife?" he joked.

Light hearted Dayton was suddenly back.

I shook my head eagerly, "Nope nevah." I drawled out smiling back.