Chapter 8

"You will marry me. I am sure that I have already mentioned this but I will say it again, you are a means to an end. Something that will help me to succeed in my current endeavors." Viktor said seriously.

Angel stared at him before clenching her jaw. "I'm sure I've said this already but I'll also repeat myself, I'm not marrying you."

"This is not a matter of debate. We will be married regardless of what you think or agree with. There are things at stake right now, serious things and I do not have time to bicker with you. One of my men is a registrar, I made sure to bring one along as I do not have time to waste with this particular matter."

Angel's mouth fell open at his words. She had no say? She was, ironically, speechless. She had grown up surrounded by outspoken people who also encouraged her to speak her mind. Being told suddenly that she had no say in her own situation left her in a state of shock.

"You honestly intend to force me into marriage?" She mumbled.

He stood, pulling her up after him. "Let us be done with it."

She was locked in a state of perpetual shock as he dragged her behind him. He called for his manservant, telling him to bring the registrar to his cabin.

She stayed silent as he pushed her back inside his cabin, closing the door behind them. He led her to the chair at the table and urged her to sit. She sat.

She had never been the hopeless romantic, no, to the contrary, she had always wanted to find adventure and mystery and then one day fall in love. She had never expected to be married this way. Kidnapped and then forced to marry a man she was convinced she did not like. The door suddenly opened and in walked a big burly man with greying hair.

He walked straight over to the two of them carrying in his hands an important looking document. He placed it on the table before nodding her way.

She averted her eyes from his gaze.

"I take it you are ready?" The man said, his voice thick with an accent that was very obvious to Angel's ears.

Viktor, "Of course."

The man tsked before beginning the marital declaration of intent. He seemed to talk forever in Angel's mind but she was so far gone all she saw was his lips moving. She was staring off into space, feeling as if she were trapped in one of her sister's awful suspense novels.

Her mind had wandered so far off that she had realized that the man had stopped talking until she was yanked out of her seat.

Viktor had an arm wrapped snug around her waist, his other hand gripping her chin firmly. Before she could truly react he was kissing her, his lips firm yet soft merely grazed her own but it felt as if he lingered for a moment longer than necessary. She caught herself just as he pulled away, turning her head away, and her eyes wide as saucers. She had never felt so...helpless before in her whole entire life.

Viktor released her, leaving her standing with shock on her face before writing his signature on the document and handing it to the man. The man took the paper before smirking.

"Vy vybrali krasivoy nevestoy." The man said while looking her up and down.

Viktor looked at her as well before nodded his head in agreement, "She is isn't she?" He mumbled.

The man bowed slightly before leaving the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

Angel looked at Viktor, a frown on her face. "What did he say?"

"It does not matter." He said.

She grit her teeth. "I think I hate you. I've never hated anyone before but I think what I feel for you is hate."

Viktor shrugged, "You would not be the first, Angel."

"Oh, I'm sure. Who could possibly tolerate an asshole like you? God...I never knew a man like you existed. I hate you and I want you to know that I do. I'll tell you every day for the rest of my life. I'll tell you every day until you send me home. I'm going to make your life a living hell." She said with seriousness.

He raised a brow, "You truly do have a lot of courage."

She raised her chin high. "I don't need to be told that from the likes of you."

He chuckled before sighing. "As much as it pains me to bring our first marital disagreement to an end, I think it will be best for us both to get some rest."

Her eyes widened at his words. "We will be sleeping in separate rooms, correct?"

He laughed dryly, "We are married so why sleep separately?"

The hopelessness she had felt minutes ago evaporated into dust. She was suddenly livid. If he laid one hand on her she'd make him regret it.

"I'm going to tell you this one time. I will not sleep in the same bed with you." She said menacingly.

He moved toward her, "Do you really have a choice?"

Before she could retort he picked her up as if she weighed nothing and moved across the room to the bed, dropping her onto it. She gasped as she landed on the mattress. She wiggled around unable to do much else with her hands bound.

She could hear the sound of his shoes hitting the wood floor and the faint whisper of his clothing as he pulled them off.

Her heart was pounding as she felt the bed sink with his weight. She wiggled around some more but froze when she felt his hands on her. He pulled her slippers off one after the other and she held her breath as she heard them hit the floor. He wrapped an arm around her waist, lifting her off the bed.

She stiffened up completely as he repositioned her so that she was facing him. The look on her face was utterly priceless and it took everything in him not to laugh at the vulnerability shrouding her.

He leaned toward her, cupping her chin in a firm grip. And then he kissed her. She did not know how to react at first and so she merely stared up at him wide eyed. When his lips began to move over hers she was snapped out of her daze. She turned away before squirm underneath him. He snatched her face back in his direction, smashing his lips against hers once more.

She squeezed her lips together, trying her hardest to deny him his kisses but it did nothing. He ran a hand down her side, sending unfamiliar tingles of awareness up her spine. She gasped, her lips parting.

He took full advantage of her openness and kissed her hard, suckling along her bottom lip. He moved his lips over hers, squeezing her close, his arms tight around her waist. Despite herself she got lost in it, the attraction she felt for him bursting forward like a cold winter wind.

She melted like warm chocolate in his arms, opening her mouth to receive his tongue as it slid, warm and inviting into her mouth, past her parted lips.

His hands began to travel down her body, groping her and though she was still fully clothe she could almost feel his large, warm hands touching her skin.

He pulled away, spreading heated kisses along her jaw and trailing down to her neck. Her mind was whirling, her breath was shallowing. And just as she felt herself completely giving in squirmed, turning on her side, catching him off guard. She rolled against his side, pulling herself away from his lips. She was breathing hard and so was he. He had not intended for it to go that far. He had merely wanted to tease her, to show her that in the end he had control.

He wrapped a hand around his mouth as he realized that he did not have the control in this situation at all.

He knew that he found Angel attractive, he had tried to hide that fact despite it obviousness. He had tried to drive into his own head that Lafayette was his only interest. He huffed with sudden irritation.

He did not need this. He had more important things to dwell. He wrapped an arm around her, flipping her back around to face him. He pushed her toward the side of the bed closest to the wall before lying down beside her.

"Get some sleep and do not worry, I will not touch you again tonight." He mumbled.

*Comment, like and share! I'll update again soon! @kaya_stone I hope your exams go well!*