Faylinn Field's Mystic Academy: Chap 1

Picture to the side is of Adelaide Kane as Alexandra! :)

___   ____    _____    _____     ______    ___ __ _______    _______ 

"Alexis! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to the bright light illuminating my room. I shrieked away from the light as they hurt my sensitive eyes.

"Ahh!! Whoever opened the curtains is going to be burned alive and chopped into a thousand pieces and fed to the piranhas and-Oh...oh...hi mom," I gulped as I see her in front of me with a bemused and slightly angry look in her face.

Oops. "Did I mention you are the most beautiful mom in the whole, wide, entire universe and-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence as she started stomping towards me. Next thing I know I'm being chased all over the house by my own mother.

We finally stopped as exhaustion filled our legs and we were gasping for air.

"I opened the curtains, do you have a problem with that Alexandra Esmeralda Watson!" My mom scolded with her Spanish accent, crossing her arms around her slender frame.

I shuddered. Mom doesn't usually use my full name...unless she's mad...really mad. And that's not just because of my outburst when I woke up...

"Ma," I started, beginning to get nervous, "Why are you mad?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe if you check what time it is you might know why," My mom said, her left eye twitching.

Gulp. I turn around to glance at the clock hanging on the light green kitchen wall. It said 9:00 am in big red letters.

HOLY SHIZNIT! I shot up the stairs and ran to my closet picking any random clothes.

"Oh my god! I'm late for school!" I shrieked getting into my bathroom and turning the shower on.

I ended up with some black Capri shorts and a shirt with a ninja panda painted in front. I put my long, straight, black hair up in a pony tail. In ten minutes I'm downstairs practically gulping my cereal down my throat.  OH MY CHICKEN NOODLE POOP! I'm so going to be late for school!

"Mom," I begged, "Please drive me to school today. If I get late for second period again Mr. Fletcher is going to give me a detention. Ma, trust me you do NOT want to be alone in the same room as him, he is literally ancient! And his yellow teeth fall every single second! And ma you could practically see his dandruff a mile away! Ma I'm going to die of boredom. You really want your awesome, fabulous, and not annoying at all daughter to die of boredom?"

Silence.

I cross my fingers hoping that somehow my mom could see reason in not letting me die.

"Fine, hurry and get in the car I'll be there in a minute. But next time, you hear me Alexandra, next time you will have to spend detention with that awful teacher you just told me about," She declared with her 'don't let  this happen again' glare.

I nodded and scrambled to get my book bag and headed to the car.

Well I learned my lesson alright. One, make sure your malevolent traitor alarm clock is on before going to sleep. And two, don't stay up watching super kick-ass awesome Naruto episodes until you fall asleep at four o clock of the morning...when you have freaking school the next day!

By the time we were speeding off the drive way, I could see huge, fluffy, gray rain clouds covering the sun.

Yay! I love the rain. Many people think that rainy days are gloomy and boring. But I think they are peaceful and fresh. The thundering patterns of raindrops on a window are relaxing and sweet music to my soul.