11

"But I don't know how to pose for a picture," I shyly laughed, burying my face in my palms.

"Mademoiselle you have the body of a model," the French photographer said. "Flaunt it."

I looked over at Kade and he nodded at me to proceed posing like a confused idiot.

We had been walking when we came across a wall filled with pinned up pictures of the guests. They were rather beautiful.

We were just about to leave when the photographer had stopped me and begged for a picture. Kade didn't refuse but I hesitated.

"Just smile and have fun," he said. So I let myself free, let the tension sizzle down and I stood, just for me to turn to Kade and catch him making a funny face.

I laughed and in that moment there was a blinding flash from the camera. "I'm sorry, did I mess it up?" I asked the man as I continued laughing.

"Not at all. Parfait!" He emphasized, gesturing with his fingers and his eyes still down on his camera.

Kade pulled me away before the man raised his head. "A little too demanding, wasn't he?"

I giggled, brushing my hair off my face. "It was fun."

I noticed Kade uneasily looked up to the ceiling and back at my face, biting his bottom lip.

"What's the matter?" I asked, clearing my throat. Had I provoked him in some kind of way?

He shook his head like a little kid and looked down at his shoe. "It's just that.. we're here on a mission. But all I want to do is spend every second with you. And you have a hypnotizing smile."

I gulped, especially as I felt his cold hands on my neck, pulling me closer.

"And I just want to kiss you," he said, resting his head against mine. "Can I?"

Could he? Did I really want to kiss this handsome young man who had just made me feel butterflies in my stomach? The guy who Tobias hated to the core?

The answer was yes, and so I nodded.

I expected him to immediately take my lips with his, but instead, he just kept staring at me, almost with a satisfying look, I would say.

I suddenly felt embarrassed and looked down, remembered what he had said and smiled.He got my chin up and placed his head against mine and all I could think was the fact that I was about to get my first actual kiss.

He slid a hand behind my back and pulled me closer. In that moment, being the girl that I am, I was all the emotions at once.

Scared because what if it ended up being nothing like I had expected. Excited because it was actually happening.

In that moment, I closed my eyes, focusing only on the breath he exhaled, and in the next second, I felt his warm wet lips on mine.

Due to the sudden surge of adrenaline, I would say, I felt my heart beat fasten. At the same time, I felt a little bit of insecurity. I mean I couldn't just stand there doing right? 

Maybe I should've put on some mango flavored lip balm.

Do I have to move closer? Could I play with his hair? He'd definitely label me as a horrible kisser.

Listening to my thoughts made me chuckle breathily against his lips, and I mentally cursed myself. I was wonderfully stupid and I deserved to die right then.

He stopped and rested his head against mine. "You're tense," he commented and I quickly nodded. I really liked the feeling of his magical lips against my innocent ones and I quickly regretted thinking too much. I should've just gone with the flow.