18

He looked down at my lips and suddenly, all I wanted to do was taste him. I tilted my head, and bit my lips, ready to receive him. Our lips were just mere centimeters from touching when I regained my senses.

It took everything in me to push myself away... mostly Kade... and the image of the last time I saw him; covered in a pool of blood.

If he were still alive... I would regret this as I die. If he didn't survive and was dead, I think I would regret it even more.

Tobias noticed my sudden change of mind and shook his head. "Sorry, I shouldn't have..."

"Yeah. You shouldn't have." I angrily stated, turning the other way.

My body felt heavy and I was in pain all through. And as if that wasn't bad enough, I was stuck in a room with Tobias... and my hormones were suddenly acting up.

"Actually," he said, gaining my attention. I turned to look at him and our eyes were fixed on each other's. "I should've."

And just like that, he kissed me. At first, of course shocked, I was resistant. My lips were unyielding, but then he put both his arms around me and pulled me against him. My lips softened. I could feel the rapid beat of his heart and taste the saltiness and metal of the blood that had happened when he incurred a cut on his lip.

I gave in, wounding my hands into his hair as I had wanted to do since the first time I had seen him. His hair curled perfectly around my fingers, silky and fine.

Suddenly, I was aware of the hammering of my own heart. I felt something melt inside me that hurt in an exquisite way. All my longings, all my dreams and sweet anguish, All the secrets that slept deep within me came awake. Everything was transformed and enchanted, everything made sense.

I was nothing... I was everything... His lips were warmer and softer than anything I could have imagined, yet fierce and powerful at the same time. Mine responded hungrily, and I tightened my hold on him. His fingers slid down the back of my neck, tracing its shape, and every place they touched was electric.

I forgot about everything. I forgot about the situation we were in. I forgot about my pain. I forgot about... Kade.

I got my senses back and jumped apart from him. He wasn't expecting that, so he looked at me delicately, awaiting my next move.

I slapped him, so hard, it probably echoed outside, down the hallway. My own palm could even feel the pain.

He raised his hand to his cheeks and looked at me. A smirk appeared on his lips and I thought about slapping him again, but I had already put all my energy into the first slap.

"Fuck you Tobias Cheston," I spoke with my heart filled with nothing but hate... or at least that was what I forced myself to believe.

How could he do that? Make me cheat on Kade. But most of all how could one person make me feel all those things at once?

"I fucking hate--" the sound of light metal sliding on the floor cut me off.

I looked towards the door and spotted the little piece of metal... a key, still sliding away from the door and further in almost like someone had kicked it in.

I turned to look at Tobias, who gave me a knowing look. The smirk had dropped from his face and e gave a more serious look. He got on his feet and went to check it out. I followed closely behind him and used my eyes to inspect the key.

There was something taped around it.

Tobias quickly untaped it and held out the little piece before his eyes. "It's a chip," I commented.