16

I woke up with a pounding head. It ached so much I was almost knocked back out.

I held my head in my hands trying to remember the events of the previous night. It was more than a blur.

It was completely blank.

All I remembered was passing out on the floor and hitting my head against it really hard. Maybe that added to my migraine.

I crawled back under my blanket to drift back to my sleep. I was too weak to do anything or to think.

Hold up... Blanket?

I ran my hand around the surface I lay on. It wasn't as hard as the floor. Bed?

Now that had my attention. I quickly jerked up and checked to see if I still had my clothes on.

A breath of relief escaped my mouth. I didn't feel sore. I was still my little virgin.

So Tobias had brought me into bed. That was quite sweet of him, and I smiled to myself.

I got up to go take a shower, maybe that would help the aching all over, but then got distracted by the tray of food set at my nightstand.

My smile widened and when I attempted to give off a sinks laugh, my aching head worsened and so I shut my mouth.

On the tray, there was a plate of sausages and bacon. There was also cornbread and a plate of pancakes with a little jar of cereal.

There were two aspirins on a piece of paper and a water bottle next to it.

I quickly gulped it down and picked up the paper to unfold it.

I guess people really do change.

'I won't be back till 12' it read. I looked at the time. It was 10:50am already. ''I've instructed Julio to pull the trigger at both your legs if you even think about running. So don't."

I take that back. Once an animal, always an animal.

What a fucking heartless beast. What if I wanted to go get myself some more pancakes?

At this point, I didn't even think I had the mental ability to think of escaping. I just ate up all that was on every plate and went back to sleep.

***

"It's not Luke goddamn it!" Tobias's harsh voice followed by a slamming noise woke me up and I was in fear. "He's on our bloody side."

"Yea.. But only because you told him he could have his way with the girl." That was Angelo's voice.

"Whoa." Kade. "Have his way with Emily?You fucking asswipe! I know Piero and her father are tight so Piero would never instruct such a thing."

"Will you keep your bloody tone down!" Tobias instructed.

I gulped. That was the deal Tobias made with Luke Warson?

Instead of me to get sad or frightened, I got mad. Insanely angry. Furious.

I got down the bed and walked closer to hear better.

"He's not going to have his way with your girlfriend," Tobias concluded.

"What makes you say that?" Kade inquisitively asked.

"It's all part of my little plan. Killing two birds with one stone. It'll be easier to take Luke down if he thinks he's on our side," Tobias answered.