14

The beach would have been slightly fun if I weren't silently and singly mourning my dead best friend.

Kade had come to sit by my side and had asked what was wrong, but I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to start remembering.

This is why I didn't want to come here in the first place.

I didn't want to kill off anyone's vibe with my moody face.

I had hurried off Kade when some girl had come to ask if he wanted to play volleyball. I just wanted to be by myself and grieve.

A part of me started hating Tobias again. He didn't have to throw that stupid party. Why did he even come back to school? To grab me out of it along with him?

I was getting way ahead of myself and I had to slow it down; stop thinking for a moment.

"Margarita?" Tobias's voice asked from the side of me.

I slowly looked up at him, fed up and confused. Wasn't he just angry at me only some moments ago?

Politely, I shook my head.

We both sat there silent for a few minutes until I started to grow weary when I felt his gaze on me. I uncomfortably dragged my kimono to properly cover my chest.

He chuckled. "What's the point of wearing a bikini if you're not going to show it off?"

I didn't respond. Instead, I kept my gaze at the ocean, trying as possible as I could to block him out. He was so arrogant and egotistical, expecting anyone to fall at his feet just because he demands so.

"Let's go for a walk," he offered as he already stood to his feet.

"I'd rather not, thanks."

"Cut the crap, Warson. We both know you're not civl," he told me.

I almost laughed... at his stupidity of course. Did he really think insulting my character was going to score him anything?

My ass remained glued to the chair... until he picked me up like I was some weightless, hopeless chicken.

"Tobias what the fuck?!" I yelled at him. "I'm not in the mood for your petty attitude. Fucking let go off me!"

"Will you walk willingly with me then--"

"No!" I yelled at his face.

"Then you better start getting comfortable in my arms, Cinderella," he joked with a cocky grin plastered on his stupid face. "Oh look, there's Kade."

I suddenly became alert.

"Maybe I should yell out his name for you to say hello. I'm sure he won't mind --"

"Okay fine!" I quickly held my hands up to my face in both shame and defeat. He was such a case. "Drop me.. I'll walk."

"Good," he said still flashing his ever conceited smirk.. and then he released his arms, sending me straight to the ground.

I couldn't even say I was surprised. I guess I was even expecting it, maybe that was why I didn't show pain.

I stood up and dusted off as much sand as I could, while he watched me. Once I realized, I dragged my kimono across my chest and shot him a threatening glare. "Fucking perv," I muttered before doubling my steps walking off to nowhere as he followed behind.

It was going to be a long day.

***

"I'm not getting in!" I told Tobias for the umpteenth time.