12

It would have been better for all of us to be honest.

Inside was Tobias Chasten, finding comfort in the arms of a fleshless whore. His shirt

"You fucking asshole!" Angelo called out with a little bit of relief in his voice, but at the same time anger.

Slowly but surely, Tobias managed to sluggishly turn his body to us. His eyes were bloodshot red and they were on me.

I didn't flinch, just looked at him in disgust, even though deep inside, I understood completely what he was going through. And I knew that was why he was looking at him. He was expecting pity. But I was not going to give him that.

"I told you he was fine," I heard Carina mutter under her breath.

"He's fucking drunk!" Angelo shunned her yet again, before moving over to Tobias. The little wench of a girl had already cornered herself out of our little circle, off to God knows where. "Aleardo's girl?! Of all the girls there, Scar!" Angelo asked furiously as he took Tobias by the hand. "We need to leave. Now!"

"No!" Tobias stubbornly and stupidly said. How surprising. "He should come fight me."

"Alright then," Carina said, clapping her hands and wrapping it all up.

"Have you fully gone insane?" Angelo asked him, and he shrugged, still with his eyes on me.

Angelo walked from one end of the other before unexpectedly stopping right in front of Tobias and landing a heavy blow down his jaw. "Do you fucking want to get yourself killed? We don't have any time!"

"I would start running if I were you, Angelo," he commented with a chuckle, massaging his jaw. "But I'm not a coward. I'm Tobias Cheston. The one and only. The damaged orph--"

He was interrupted by another blow from Angelo and that was followed by hasty footsteps, which kind of got the attention of us all, just for me to turn around and find my dad.

People had already begun staring.

"If someone is going to get shot, why is my daughter here? You guaranteed she would be 100% safe," my father angrily said to Angelo.

"I thought she'd help make him think rationally so we can all get out of here in one piece," Angelo explained while shooting glares at Tobias.

I was rather clueless to all that was going on. If I tried to understand, I had a feeling that I would break my skull.

"We can take him," My generous father offered. "Take his hands, I'll take his legs."

Ooooooor... you could take me home, where I was actually really safe.

Angelo easily complied, but first, he had to knock him completely out, and it hurt to watch.

"Carina, Emily, get in the car." My dad ordered once we got to cab, I easily obeyed, but I was ticked off for the fact that they had put Tobias next to me.

I was mad at him for some reason. Maybe it was because his mother had shown interest in him and he had completely turned his back on her to go have kiss time with another gan leader's girlfriend, and I didn't have as much time to talk to my father.

"You guys go ahead," my father said, tapping the top of the taxi twice. "We're right behind you."

But when the vehicle started moving, I turned back to see if that was actually true. It wasn't. Rather, a black SUV pulled up, almost hitting them both down, and out jumped a few armed dangerous looking men.

I wanted to scream, or jump out of he car and do something.. but what? Besides, Tobias's unconscious body had already fallen to my laps so I could barely move, trying to keep him comfortable.. God knows why.