Chapter 2

He was everywhere.

It had not even been a day. Not even 24 hours since he came back and he was everywhere. I understood he was a celebrity and all but guys seriously did you have nothing else to talk about? Was nothing interesting going on in your lives?

No?

Thought so.

Brooke wouldn't stop talking about him. The girl couldn't take a hint if her life depended on it. And I couldn't take it anymore.

It's was a free period and we were lazily chilling out on the campus lawn. It was peaceful if you could ignore the boys playing wildly just a few meters away. We always came here to hang out whenever we got time and the weather was clear. We were sitting under a tree.

"Brooke, can you stop," I said.

"What?" she asked, confused. Told ya, the girl couldn't take a hint.

"Talking about Asher," I told her.

She grimaced as if she had eaten something bad.

She sighed and then said. "I don't understand the deal with you. Why do you get all worked up when I talk about Asher? It isn't like he is your ex." She narrowed her eyes at me. "Or is he?"

Was this girl for real?

I gave her my best stop-talking-nonsense look.

"Tell me, Ellie. And you better say the truth because if you two had a history and you broke his heart, I will exile you to the deepest pit of hell and you will never be able to come out," she said it so seriously and glared at me as if she would burn me with her gaze.

"God no!" I said. Where did that even come from?

I felt pity for the girl who actually decided to date him. His fans are gonna take so good care of her. Couldn't let the poor boy's heart get crushed. As if that was even possible. I had never in my life seen someone so arrogant and vain like him.

"Why would you think that?" I asked incredulously.

She said nothing and continued to glare at me.

"It's nothing like that, okay? I would never date him. Far from it. " More like strangle him. But I was smart enough not to say it aloud.

"Whatever," she huffed.

At least she stopped talking. Brooke was a total fangirl and now that she had met him, she had transformed into a diehard fan.

"Who's that?" Brooke said looking behind me.

I turned back. The same girl from earlier (the one who found me talking to myself) was standing there.

"Hi there." I smiled at her. She was looking pretty excited. She wore red nerdy glasses and had shoulder length red hair.

"Hi," she said and sat beside me keeping her bag on the ground. She took out some papers from her bag. Meanwhile, Brooke was giving me weird looks.

"What is she doing here?" she mouthed.

"I have no idea," I mouthed back.

"Here." She handed me one of the paper.

"What is this?" I asked and took the paper from her.

My eyes widened as I saw it. A chuckle escaped my lips. She really hated him.

"I can't believe it," I said. I couldn't help the grin that graced my face.

"Someone had to take a step," she said proudly.