Chapter 5

I would say no. It was a no-brainer. Who in their right mind would agree to a date with Evan Skriver? Not me.

That guy was trouble. Bad news. And I didn't want trouble. I already had my fair share of it with Asher here. I didn't need more. Besides, Evan didn't even date. He had never dated a girl before. Never. He was a hello, fling, goodbye kind of guy. I didn't understand why he would want to date now of all times and above all date me. I never showed any interest in him. Ever.

It was unsettling. And I didn't go for unsettling.

I had made my decision and I would stick to it.

It was the last period and I had art. I entered my art class. The art room of our school was huge. Framed painting of students graced the walls and the room had twenty stations for students to work on. I walked to my station at the back of the class and sat on the chair, waiting for Mr. Mathews to give us instructions.

Honestly, I had no idea why I was even taking this class. I sucked at drawing. I couldn't even draw a straight line if my life depended on it. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a bit but you get the drift.

"Hi Greg," I said to the kid sitting on my right.

He was cleaning his brushes but looked at me when I said his name.

"'Sup Ellie?" he said. Greg was kind of a shy guy and mostly kept to himself.

I started to make a small conversation but the voice of Mr. Mathews interrupted me. Instead, I gave him a smile and listened to what Mr. Mathews had to say.

We had to study the use of different shades and textures today. I picked up my paints and brushes and brought them near the canvas.

Then I just stared at it. For how long I don't remember. But it was a long time before I even started to paint. I had no idea what I was even trying to draw. I was just making strokes and lines. Oh well, let's see what it turns into.

After awhile my painting took shape. What shape? I am not sure.

What does it even look like?

"It looks... It looks like a tree," a voice said. "A very deformed tree."

I looked at where Greg was a few minutes ago but instead, my eyes met with gray ones. He was leaning against his table, facing me. A smirk playing on his lips, the side where his silver lip ring was tugging upwards. His midnight hair was slightly messy which give his whole appearance a badass look. He was wearing a band tee and black jeans.

"Evan," I managed to say.

He raised his eyebrows at my expression.

"What are you doing here and where did Greg go?" I asked.

"Why it's my art class," he said. I saw Greg at a table in the middle of class. He was throwing Evan dirty looks. I would too if I were made to sit there. Mr. Mathews likes to stay in that area and it's really uncomfortable to draw with him staring at your every move.

"I didn't know you take art," I turned to Evan. I have never seen him in class before. But knowing him it's nothing new. He probably doesn't attend most of his classes.

He just shrugged in response.

"Your tree just died," he remarked.

I looked at him in confusion. He gestured to my painting.

I saw it and cringed. I needed serious help with my drawing skills.

He chuckled.

I glared at him which made him laugh.