Chapter 2

New Update for you Lovely's . . .
I hope you enjoy it . . . PLEASE Comment and let me know what you think. . .

P.S. Please IGNORE Mistakes , I have yet to edit this . . .

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

PAYE

I woke with a start. Popping my eyes open but quickly closing them because the light was too bright.
" Help." I whisper yelled. It was hard for me to talk, my throat was so dry and sore.
I could hear someone walking by the door so I called for help louder until someone finally came in.
" You're awake. Sit tight, I'll call your nurse." someone said.
I finally peeled my eyes open just in time to see my sister run into the room wearing scrubs looking like she seen a ghost. I smiled at her and waved.
She began crying and asking was she dreaming. She rushed over to me grabbing my hands.
" Hold on Paye, I'm going to call for another nurse, I can't do things for you my hands are too shakey." She said excitedly.
" Ok." I whispered.
" Oh and I'll bring you water." she said as she headed out of the room.
2 minutes later she came back with a nurse and some water.
" It's good to see you awake Payeten. I'm Nurse Jody, I work alongside your sister here at the hospital. " she turned to Mia "Page Dr. Barnell."
" Ok. I'll be right back." she said more to me than the nurse.
" Hello sweetie , I'm just gonna check your vital signs." she said amd began fiddling with the Machines.
After she finished the doctor finally came in.
" You're awake. Now Mia can relax a little." Dr. Barnell a woman who looked to be in her early 30's with light brown skin and long curly hair pulled into a ponytail, said to me.
" How do you feel ?" she asked
I whispered." Thirsty."
" Oop sorry," Mia said hand me a cute of water that had ice chips in it.
I looked at her and smiled.
" Hospital ice , my favorite. Thanks Sissy" I mumbled before digging in.
Everyone in the room laughed.
" Ok. Lets get to work. Paye I wan't you to tell me if you can feel this. But don't look at me."
" Ok. " I said still focused on my ice.
A second passed and I burst out laughing.
" I feel it , stop stop. I'm ticklish. " I said. She was running something up and down the middle of my foot.
" Thats great." then she did my other foot. And I just kept on laughing.
" Ok ok ok." I said out of breath.
" Just 3 more things Paye." she began running something up and down both of my legs , Which I could feel..
" I feel it."
" Ok. We need to get her turned over so that I can check her spine." Dr. Barnell said and everyone started to turn me over on the bed.
"You ok Paye ?" Mia asked standing next to me.
" Yes. And yes Doc, I feel that." Mia looked at Dr. Barnell shocked.
Everyone turned me back over.
" Good News, Paye isn't paralyzed. However there will be a longggggg road to recovery as she had been in a coma for 6 months. She has to learn to walk again, regain strength in her legs. I wan't her in Therapy 4 times a week and doing things while at home. Your doing so well you should be getting released in about 3 days." she said. Mia was typing away on her phone.
" Sorry , just making sure I jot this info down. Thank you so much Dr. Barnell." she said getting teary eyed. I grabbed her hand and placed the back of it on my cheek and leaned into it.
" It's no problem. We'll give you two some time apart." Dr. Barnell said and everyone except Mia left.
She sat on the side of the bed and whispered. " I thought I lost you Paye. I should've protected you. I didn't do the job that mom and dad left to me. I'm so sorry I failed you."
" No you didn't it was all my fault. If I hadn't been acting the way I was this wouldn't have happened. Besides. I had a feeling something was going to happen that day. Icould feel it." I said and tears started streaming out of my eyes.
Mia grabbed me and held me. Rocking me.
" Sssh , Its ok. We don't have to talk about it now." she kissed me on my forehead.
Just then everyone bumb rushed my room. When I say everyone , I mean it.

Journey and his crew was there with , flowers , balloons , teddy bears and other stuff. Kayla , Raynah and Star were all here holding gifts. Even my friend Chardae is here. But someone was missing.
" Derek." I muttered.
" He's coming." Mia assured me.

After about an Hour everyone left , just me , Mia , and Journey were here. But I could sense the problems between them.
" Derek had to go to Baltimore to handle something but he hopped on a flight as soon as we let him know you were awake. He'll be here soon." Journey said breaking the awkward silence that filled the room.
" Ok. So what up with you two. Ya'll won't even talk to each other, not a glance. . . NOTHING " I said.
"It's nothing Paye. Journey just has more important things to tend to than me." Mia said her voice cracking.
" You two should go to talk . . . Now please." I insisted. They both agreed.
" We'll be right back." They left out of the room.

5 minutes later

Derek rushed into the room with a single white rose.

At the same time we whispered,
"I'm here,"- "You're here"

DEREK

When I got the text that Paye woke up I was pissed and happy at the same time. Pissed at myself for leaving and happy that she was up. I wen't straight to th airport and got on a jet and headed to Paye.

When I finally touched down I headed straight over to the hospital.

When I got there I stopped to buy a white rose, then wen't straight up to her room.

When I walked in her room she was sitting up in bed eating a cute of hospital ice.
Her hazel colored eyes locked on mine and I could see tears welling up in her eyes.
She whispered,
" Your here. " and at the same time I whispered,
" I'm here." she burst into tears and I rushed by her side.
" I'm sorry I'm late , I was in baltimore." I told her wiping her tears and kissing her on her forehead after I handed her the flower.
" I heard you. . . . While I was in the coma. You were here everyday. Yiu had to be forced to leave most times. "
" I'll always be here Paye." I assured her. Kissing her forehead again.
" I hope so." After that I held her and we talked for a while.

Mia and Journey came into the room looking like a kid who stole a cookie.

" What took ya'll so long?" Paye asked them.
" We Wereeee. . . .Um . . " Mia said searching.
" Talking." Journey said.
"Yeah yeah thats it." Mia said cosigning

Me and Paye looked at each other knowingly.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
I hope you all enjoyed this Update. What Mia and Journey ' Talked' about will be in the next Chapter . . . Don't forget to let me know what you think . . . Thankssss

Bianca