Chapter 5

PAYE

" I can't believe I'm gonna be a Auntie." I said rubbing Mia's stomach.
" I can't believe I'm gonna be a mommy. To twins at that. " Mia said.
" When do you plan to tell Journey?"
" He probably already knows with his fuck boy ass. He did this shit on purpose." She said getting mad.
" Hey hey , watch your mouth in front of my babies." I yell at her then spoke to her stomach/the babies. " Your mommy's got a potty mouth. "
" Oh shut up. " she mumbled and began rubbing her stomach.

"Miaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." someone called out from downstairs.

" Sounds like the girls. " She said getting up off of the bed and running downstairs.

"Slow down, You'll fall." I  called out to her running after her. By the time I caught up to her she was already down the steps and in her best friends'  arms.

" We heard you're pregnant." Star said speaking up first during the hug.

" Yeah, When were you going to tell us we were going to Aunties and God Mothers." Raynah asked speaking up next.

" Well apparently someone,-" she faked  a cough." Kayla , can't hold a secret." she said with a scowl but began laughing letting us all know it was all love.

" This is a secret I just couldn't keep from the girls. Just be glad I didn't spill the Tea to King and Journey when they stopped by the house earlier."she said and that put a scowl on Mia's face.

" What ? So you mean to fuckin' tell me that this nigga can drop by your's and King's house, but not his fucking own." Mia said turning red in the face. But that wasn't my concern.

" Hold up, when did you and King make it official? "I asked feeling left out of the loop.

" About 2 months into your coma. But that's neither here nor there. LANGUAGE . The babies can hear you." She shouted at Mia. 

" Don't tell me to watch my language, the father of my children doesn't even want to be around me. The last time we fucked was in the hospital and the last time he's been home was almost a fucking month ago. And I'm the only fucking person to see a problem with this?" she asked her eyes beginning to water. 

I pulled her into my arms shushing her and rocking her back and forth.  Then she erupted into a full  on cry.

"Just calm down." I said to her.

" Yes. I haven't really  seen King much either." Kayla said attempting to assure her.

" And we haven't seen Prince or Killa either." Star said speaking for herself and Raynah with Raynah shaking  her head in agreement.

" They're probably just dealing with some real shit. You know how they are. Keep that shit as far away from home as possible." Raynah said speaking up quietly.  Mia's head snapped in her direction, her tears stopping.

" You know something, don't you?" She asked quietly.

" Huh , what ? " Raynah said nervously.

" Bitch , You heard me." Mia said walking closer to her. Raynah not taking offence to the fact that Mia had just called her a bitch and meant it.

" I mean , I know some stuff. But it isn't my stuff to tell." She said standing her ground.

" What the fuck do you mean. I'm over here pregnant with twins. My man is no where in sight and you mean to fucking tell me you can't tell me why ? Are you fucking kidding me?" Mia asked yelling.

" You know I love you Mia , I just can't tell you what's going on. The only reason I know is because I over heard Kaden talking about it and I forced him to tell me. But Mia, I promised I wouldn't tell. Just take what I said into consideration." Raynah said standing up for herself  against Mia.

" All I know is this, You're scary as hell when you're mad and pregnant." Kayla said changing the subject making everyone laugh, even Mia cracked a smile.

" Just tell me this, He's not cheating on me  is he?" Mia asked.

" Hell no." Raynah said assuring her. 

After that we all sat around ate food , watched tv , and talked about Mia becoming a mommy.

MIA

I sat here trying to decide on how I was going to tell Journey that I'm pregnant.  I may be pissed at him but I still wanted to make this special for him. I decided to pee on a stick just to prove to him that it's true, including the pictures of the sonogram.

I called him.

He answered on the first ring.

"Whats up Ma ? " He asked.

" When am I gonna see you?" I asked sounding hopeful.

" I don't know. Why? What's wrong ? " He asked me.

" What do you mean you don't know? This is bullshit Journey. I'm done. I can raise our babies on my own. Fuck you. I don't need you. "  I yelled into the phone before hanging up and turning it off. I flew myself onto the bed and cried my eyes out. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest and torn apart. It felt as if my heart was going to explode at any minute. 

A minute later my bedroom door softly opened and Paye walked in,  and climb up into the bed with me and held me. Held me while I cried. Not judging me. I could feel the love radiating from her body. She didn't speak. Just held me until I drifted off to sleep.

I'm not sure how long it was before I felt Paye being lifted off of the bed. Opening my eyes I watched as Journey carried her out of the room and returned 2 minutes later.

" Why are you here Journey? " I asked, snuggling into my pillow deeper. Secretly happy that he'd come, but I wouldn't tell him that. 

" Because , you needed me to be. I'm sorry baby. It's just so much shit going on and I just want-no I need to keep you, Paye and our baby safe."  he said running his fingers through my hair causing me to shiver.

I got up from the bed and walked over to the dresser that had the sonogram pictures.

" Why couldn't you tell me that before Journey. I deserve- I need to know." I whispered softly.

" I know baby. But, It's better that you don't know. Ya'll safety is most important. But I see now that I need to be here. Right now, your mental health is more important and it's time I tend to your needs." he says. 

I hand him the sonogram picture and he briefly looks over it and smile. Our baby is beautiful." He says and then he inspects it closer. 

" Is- Is that two blotches?" He asks.

" Yes." I say with a slight smile.

" That means. . . That meansss. . . "he stutters.

 " Twins," I finish for him. "And they'll be identical." I tell him.

Before I can react he runs up to me squeezing me tightly into him.

" I-I can't breathe." I whisper and he loosens his grip picks me up into the air and spins me around.

All the while I'm watching his smile. The smile that I miss so much.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Hey There ,
Long time no update ehh ? No excuse. . . Just life . . . I hope you Lovely's enjoy the chapter. . . Let me know what cha think. . .

♡Bianca