Chapter 4

Here's another chapter for you Lovely Readers . . . I hope enjoy, let me know what ya thinkinnnn :)

PAYE
1 month later

I was released from the hospital 3 days after I woke up from the coma and I'd been home for a month. The day I got released I had a therapy session where they were trying to help me to walk again. I can't lie, it was hard and I just about gave up. Between , Mia , Derek and Journey I began walking 2 weeks after I was released from the hospital. Using a walker though. I just started being able to walk without it. The doctors are all surprised because they've never seen someone recover so fast from a gun shot wound especially one my age and my body type. .

" Aye Ma, " I head Derek yell from the front of the house.
" Yesssss." I answered him grabbing the rest of my things so that we could leave out for my doctors appointment.
" You ready?" he asked walking into the room wraping his arms around my waist.
" Yeah , almost." I grabbed my phone , wallet, and keys."Ok. Now I'm ready."
Derek bent down swiftly picking me up cradling me in his arms and carried me downstairs. Holding me up with one arm he took the house keys and locked the door. I could feel his muscles flexing.
" Aren't I too heavy for you to be cradling me in one hand ?" I asked just to see what he'd say.
" Girl, You weigh what? 99 pounds? Do you know how much I bench press?" he put me in the passenger side of his car and walked around to the drivers side.
" That reminds me, We should work out together." Derek stayed in the gym. When he wasm't moving weight(as he likes to call it) he was in the gym. I was better , the doctor gave me the clear last week about being able to move around more as I was already healed.
" Nahh. I don't think so. You just got out of the hospital a little over a month ago." He said pulling out of the driveway. I started pouting.
" Iight Payeten, We'll see what the doctor says today" he said shaking his head. Mumbling under his breath.
" Can't be strong for one minute around your ass." he said still mumbling.
" Thats just cause I got it like that."
" Yeah yeah." he said, we burst out laughing.
" What am I gon do with you ma?" he asked pulling up to a red light, he used that time to look at me.
I looked him in his eyes and responded, " Love me."

MIA

I been at work since 6 a.m and have been constantly throwing up.
" Mimi , Girl. You are pregnant." One of my bestfriends Kayla insisted as she held my hair back for me and patting my back as I threw up for the 5th time this morning.
" No , I can't be. I probably just have a stomach bug." I insisted. Refusing to believe that I was pregnant.
" Mia, Its me. Clock out and get yourself seen . Its obvious something is wrong." My boss. Miss. Diana insisted for the 2nd time since I been here this morning.
" But Miss-"
" No buts Missy, Now get cha ass on over there to the emergency room and get seen. " she said yelling at me making me flinch a little. Miss Diana was like a mother figure to me and now to Paye as well. Whenever I was off she was the one looking after Paye. She treated us like we were one of her own and honestly , I didn't mind because I'd been longing to have my mother again. She reminded ne a lot of my real mother.
" She's right Mia," Kayla insisted.
" I know I'm right, now go on." She said pulling us out of the bathroom.
" Ok ok ok ok. " I said.
" Kayla , you clock out too. Take her over there."
" Yes ma'am." Kayla said with a smile as we went to clock out.
" Don't be using me to help you get off work." I said and we both started laughing again.

When we got over the the emergency room I signed in and was called back by a doctor immediately.
" I'm doctor Penn and you must be Mia.?"
"Yes ma'am I replied shaking her hand.
" Well what seems to be the problem today ?" she asked sitting down at her desk and started jotting down everything I was saying.
" I been throwing up all morning and honestly for the past 2 weeks or so. " I wen't on to tell her everything else that was going on.
" Ok , well lets just take a pregnancy test to see if we can rule that out. However from what you've told me, it sounds like pregnancy." Dr. Penn said..
When I came back from peeing in the cup Dr. Penn came back in the room 6 minutes later. Yes I mean 6 , I literally counted.
" Well , Congratulations Miss. Ellington. You are in fact pregnant." she said with a smile on her face. Kayla was to the left of me squealing and jumping up and down.
I just sat there in shock?
" Ar-Are you sure?" I asked trying to digest what I've just been told. "
" Positive. Now , based off of what you've told me, you're about 6 weeks along. We can get you in a room so that we can do a Ultrasound to see just how far along you are."
" Ok."

10 minutes later

" Ok, lets take a look here." The doctor said putting the cool gel on my stomach and ran the probe across my stomach.
She was slient for a minute. Suddenly Kayla and the doctor gasped.
" Doc. Is that what I think it is ?" Kayla asked looking shocked.
" Yes , yes it is." Dr. Penn responded.
" What, What is it ? " I asked anxious to know.
Dr. Penn turned the monitor around so that I could see.
" Is that-" I asked.
" Yes , Its Twins. and you are measuring 6 weeks. And it looks like they'll be Idetical as well. They share the same amniotic sac. You'll be have momo twins. Lets see if we can find their little heartbeats."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Thats the end of the chapter, Peeps. . . . I hope you all enjoyed . . . . Comment and let me know what cha think :)