CHAPTER 7

A/N:

This chapter is dedicated to @selenaslaysme for the two stunning covers above. Thank you so much; I absolutely love them!

xx aurora

CHAPTER SEVEN

LITTLE DID I know that the next day at school would be the start of a new era in my life. I had followed the parting instructions in which Apollo had left me with and turned up to school in the exact outfit he had picked out. When I had stepped out of my bedroom in the morning, my mother jumped a little in her seat by the dining table, her cup of piping hot green tea spilling all over the table as her eyes widened drastically.

"What are you wearing?" She had asked, completely shocked. "And those shoes!"

"What's wrong with my shoes, mom?"

"They are Louboutins!" She had stressed the brand, hastily placing her cup onto the table before walking over to get a better look at my unusual footwear. "They are expensive and definitely way more than your allowance for school. How on earth did you get those?"

"A friend got them for me, mom." I could still remember how I was already getting fidgety, toying with the hem of my skirt as I reached past her to grab an apple from the fruit basket. "I better be off now. Can't be late for school, am I right?"

I had dashed off after that, taking advantage of the fact that my mother was rooted to her spot in surprise at the fact that I had mentioned a friend buying a pair of very expensive shoes for me. I was so sure that if I had stayed, she would have grilled me about finally finding a friend rather than the fact that I was wearing a luxury brand shoe.

It had been hard to navigate around school this time around. Instead of wearing my usual thick-rimmed glasses, Apollo had practically ordered me to try on contacts instead. Along with my outfit that consisted of a black tennis skirt, a white silk blouse and the same pair of black heels that had caused my mother so much shock, I looked like an entirely different person. It was the truth that the manner of a person's dressing could tell miles about the person's character.

Apollo had fit into the school rather perfectly. Although it was only his second day, it was obvious that he acted as though he had been here since the very first day. I found him leaning against the brick wall by the side of the school, posture slackened as his eyes lazily scanned his surroundings.

From where I stood at the front gate, I could tell that he did not go unnoticed. I watched a group of girls walk past him, a particular brunette turning her head to glance at Apollo before she quickly tapped her friends' shoulders. They all turned in a synchronized manner to cast him a quick look before bursting into giggles, whispering to each other in hushed tones. It was obvious that they were talking about him but Apollo did not seem to care.

In fact, his eyes stopped right on my figure, lips slowly stretching into a handsome grin as his bright irises scanned up and down my physique. I groaned, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as I quickly speed-walked to where he was.

"I will admit that this outfit is really pretty but I look like a prep school kid and it is making me very uncomfortable." Gesturing to what I was wearing, I gave Apollo a short glare before examining my surroundings in paranoia.

"I thought you wanted to fit in with the popular kids?" He asked, lifting a hand to point at Victoria's entourage that had just entered school ground. "They are wearing the very same outfit. Blouse, skirt, and a pair of pumps. It is practically a formula."