NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

***

[Pretty Girls] had been very difficult to write the first time around (it was first published years ago) because I felt that it was a bland story in comparison to the other works I've put out on Wattpad. I was never one for the cliches and I absolutely detest story plots that have been used before over and over again. In the beginning, this story was just exactly that.

In my opinion, I'm glad to have moved past that. This story incorporated essences from my own reality and turned it into a fiction that I could stomach. The real events had been hard for me and this, in a way, became a way for me to vent out my frustrations and pursue the happily-ever-after I never got in real life (2022 update: "Apollo" "came back").

To all those people who think they're not "pretty/handsome/attractive enough", I hope you remember that it is merely skin deep. Having a pretty face does not guarantee a pretty heart. Also, don't lose sight of what you have in pursuit of something so fleeting and trivial as popularity. Fame is a temperamental thing that comes and goes.

Just wanted to mention as well, I don't believe in love at first sight (between people). That is why in my stories, you'll never find the two mains falling in love and crying out love ballads by chapter five (*cough* this is for all those people that are asking me when they'll kiss *cough*). Love is a slow process more often than not. Hence, to all y'all out there crushing on another, don't get dejected. If it is meant to be, it will find a way. (My best friend had a crush on a guy for SIX years and now, after so long, they're FINALLY together.)

This is the edited version of the story and for now, I am very proud of it. Why for now, you ask? Because I would like to think that I am constantly improving my skills and when I do, at one point, this will all become trash again.

To those who've read this story in its original draft, thank you for coming back. To my new readers, thank you for choosing this book to read out of the hundreds of thousands on Wattpad. I hope to see you again, in this book or the next. If you're up for another teen fiction, do check out [A Guide on How to Love Jules Everett]; it's my personal favorite.

With all my love,
Aurora

With all my love,Aurora

———

social media:

instagram: twelvewonderingstars (private: aurorayeo)

twitter: aurorayeo (private: aurorayyq)

facebook: twelvewonderingstars