CHAPTER 12

[A/N]:

I apologize for missing an update last week. I am supposed to be studying right now but I got a little distracted and decided to write instead. As a result, I don't know when the next chapter will be available since it will be a new one (and not an edited version of an old chapter). 

More updates will be posted on my social media, particularly Twitter. My usernames are all stated below.

Hope you enjoy.

xx aurora

----------

CHAPTER TWELVE

THE NEXT DAY was a blissful blur. When the morning sunlight had filtered into the room, I had barely even groaned in distaste like I usually would. Instead, I stretched with a yawn, sighing deeply as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

It took me less than half an hour to get prepared for school, throwing on yet another stylish ensemble that Apollo had paired up before heading out of the house. My parents were not at home, the kitchen and living room drenched in silence so I was able to creep out with ease.

When I had finally arrived at school, I could still feel the light-hearted euphoria that had rooted itself in me fuelling my steps and motivating my muscles. I had a smile on my face so bright that the day around me looked dull and dark.

It was only until my body had slammed directly onto the surface of a rock-hard chest had my day changed drastically. Upon contact, I fell to the ground with a loud thud that echoed down the hallways of school, causing me to groan in pain.

Immediately, I was brought down from my happy streak and slammed back to the cruel reality where not every day would be filled with sunshine and rainbows.

"Damn it," I cursed awkwardly, rubbing my tailbone in pain as a pair of white Chuck Taylors appeared in front of me.

From the corner of my eye, I had noticed that there were students gathered around my fallen figure as they stared on with curious eyes and fear-stained expressions. Some of them whispered to their friends, volumes hushed and quiet as their pupils constantly darted over to me while words flew rapidly past their lips. My blood froze in my veins, fear pouring over me like a bucket of ice-cold water.

They would never stare like that unless something was seriously off.

Daring myself to look up at who I had knocked into, I was greeted by an unexpected vicious sneer and hard navy eyes that screamed only of hatred. I had expected to be greeted by Apollo's mischievous smile but noticing Jacob's hateful frown definitely slotted all the missing pieces into the unsolved puzzle.

My first instinct was to curse at Jacob like an uncultured sailor. The words were already on the tip of my tongue, ready to fire when I was swiftly cut off by a strong grip that attached itself to my right elbow. Jacob lifted me off of the ground with ease, his strength clearly showing as he hauled me to my feet before dragging me across the white tiles of our school corridor and back towards the front doors.

"Buzz off," Jacob spat. "There's nothing to see here." Jacob's voice was crisp and clean with a purpose, sending students running away as if their lives were on a fine line that would snap at any second.

My protests were cut short by Jacob's alarming glare, further drowned by the scuttling of the students' feet as they darted away from the site and towards their classes. When the warmth of sunlight flared on my face and I was well away from the main school building, my heart rate accelerated.