CHAPTER 13

[A/N]:

I wonder if there are any re-readers here. I betcha thought I wasn't going to update again this week but sike.

This is a new chapter so please do not read the older comments if you don't want to be confused. Actually, the comments are mainly non-related from a few chapters ago since I combined and separated a few chapters.

Hope you like this chapter. It's super cutesy and it holds a lot of hidden meaning and foreshadowing. I wonder if you guys will catch it.

xx aurora

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

MY EYES WERE trained on Apollo's brush which he held lightly, fingers wrapped around the wooden handle as the fine hairs danced across the colored canvas. Outside, the weather was bright and sunny, each ray of sunlight gloriously filtering into Apollo's room since the curtains were pulled open.

"You are being uncharacteristically quiet."

When I looked up, I noticed that Apollo's eyes had not even left the canvas. Instead, he casually dabbed some more paint onto the palette by his desk, mixing in a new shade of blue before continuing with his artwork.

"I had always been quiet," I replied with a scoff.

"No. You were only quiet because you did not have anyone to talk to. And now you have me." Again, he barely even looked away from his current project. He was staring almost lazily at the canvas as if bored by the contents of it. "So what is it that is bothering you?"

I scoffed, folding my arms across my chest as I leaned back against the wall.

"You're just going to assume that there is something bothering me?"

This time, he looked up. A single eyebrow was arched perfectly, raised high into the air as he gave me the most deadpanned look I've ever received. Hand still poised mid-air with his paintbrush in hand, he almost looked like the artwork himself. Though, I will never admit that out loud.

"Fine!" I threw my hands up into the air in exasperation, rolling my eyes. "There is something bothering me, oh wise one. Maybe you will be able to offer some advice?" I said the last bit with as much sarcasm as I could muster but if Apollo had caught it, which I was so sure he did, he did not show.

Seeming very satisfied with himself, Apollo returned his attention to the canvas. He sat opposite of me, cleverly positioned so that I was not able to see what he was painting. Nevertheless, he seemed too indulged in it for me to start prying now. I wasn't about to disturb him when I can wait for the final product.

"Speak," he curtly responded, dabbing his paintbrush on the palette of colors again. This time, he picked up a little bit of sunshine yellow.

"It's Jacob. You weren't at school today so you didn't see it but the whole student body did. He was really mad that I tattled on him and told you about his sob-fest during winter formal."

Tucking my chin into the palm of my hand, I leaned against Apollo's study desk, my own eyes watching for a reaction in my companion. Instead of a big response, however, Apollo merely shrugged before sighing. He took one good look at the canvas before nodding to himself, carefully placing the paintbrush and palette onto the ground which was lined with old newspapers.

"Well, you did hurt his pride." Standing to his feet, Apollo carefully lifted the canvas off of the easel before holding it up into the air, still carefully studying it. "That's all he has at the moment, especially with Snow gone."