Torn

Jace sat up. Clutching his chest. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong. "Clary?" he called. No answer. "Clary!" He called, louder. "CLARY!" he shouted, panicking now. He dragged himself out of bed. 

He shuffled through the halls. He spotted a piece of paper on the ground.

Sebastian. I'm sorry Jace. Don't try and search for me, you aren't fit enough. I love you - Clary.

His heart sank. There was no one in the institute, so he was free to shout and hit things.

6 vases, 5 lamps, 8 daggers and a sore throat later, Jace sank to the ground and sobbed. an hour later he was found by Maryse, Alec and Izzy. 

"Jace are you okay? It isn't ducks is it?" Alec asked. Jace found it in him to smile sadly at him.

"Worse than that." Alec eyes open wide. "Worse than ducks?" Jace nodded.

"What is it Jace?" Izzy asked, sitting beside him. He handed her the paper. She sat, frozen with shock.

"What is it?" Maryse asked delicately. 

"Its Clary. He took her." Jace choked out. Izzy was crying. "That bastard, I'm gonna...." She stopped, thinking. "Torture him, and I'm gonna make it slow." She grinned evilly.

"It will be okay Jace. I know how you feel." Jace looked up at Alec, suddenly angry.

"You don't though. You have No. Fucking. Clue. Just because your boyfriend broke up with you, you think you have any idea what I'm going through? I love her Alec. She is my everything. I would-" He stopped, his voice dropping to a whisper. "I would give up shadowhunting for her." 

Izzy sucked in a breath. "Jace. I don't know what you are going through, but we will get Clary back." She had a detirmined look on her face.

Maryse looked at her daughter sharply. "No you will not. Sebastian is dangerous. I won't let you go."

Izzy laughed. "You think you can stop us!? She's my best friend, and The love of Jace's life. You couldn't stop us if you had the whole Clave guarding the exits."

She stood up, her long black hair swishing. "I'm going to the weapon room." Jace stood up also. "I'll go with you."

When it was getting dark, Isabelle walked over to Jace. "You need to rest. You being tired won't be any good to Clary."

Jace nodded slowly and set off for his room. As if he was going to get any sleep.