Free

The stele dragged along the wall, leaving ink black lines in its wake. The portal opened with a flash. Simon took hold of Izzy's hand and stepped through. Clary looked back at the enclosure with Ithuriel inside. She ran over, and started to draw an intricate design. The doorknob started to rattle.

"Fuck." She swore. She went back over to the portal. "I'm sorry Ithuriel. I will come back for you." She stepped through, and closed the portal. She put a block rune on the wall to stop anyone coming through. She tiptoed up to Jace's room and lay on his bed, breathing in his smell.

Before long, she had fallen asleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alec walked down the street against the wind, pulling his jacket closer against his body. He had spent the day wandering around town, ignoring Magnus's calls.

*Alec sat on the couch, playing with his phone. No news from Izzy, Clary or Simon. He had already lost Max, he couldn't lose Izzy. He felt a tear slide down his cheek. He sniffled.

'Get a hold of yourself. Would Jace Cry? No.' He thought.

A girl's laugh came from the kitchen. Alec snuck silently up to the door and peered inside. A girl sat close to Magnus, and they were laughing. "I think I'm in love." Magnus mumbled. Alec stopped breathing. "What the FUCK!?"

Magnus stood up. "Alexander?" 

"You could have told me you had replaced me." Alec spun on his heel and strode out. *

He made his way slowly back to the institute. Pushing open the door, he heard voices.

He walked into the sitting room. His jaw dropped. "ISABELLE!?" His sister ran at him, her black hair whipping out behind her. She almost knocked him over.

"What? How!?"

"It was Clary. It was all Clary. She was amazing, he tortured her to no ends, she didn't say a word to him." Alec was stunned. Clary was stronger than most, he knew that. He just didn't know how strong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jace walked into his room, drying his hair with a towel, another wrapped around his waist. (Please control your fangirling.) He didn't notice her at first, but when he did, his heart skipped a beat. There was no mistaking her. Almond shaped green eyes, and fiery red hair.

"Clary?" He walked over and shook her awake. "JACE!" SHe pulled him down on top of her. is lips crashed onto hers. They kissed for a long while. She giggled. "Uh, Jace, you're burning me." He sprang off her. 

"Sorry. Heavenly Fire."

"I know. What have you been up to?" She looked as if she knew the answer.

"Well, training, sleeping, shouting." He left out crying, accidentaly on purpose.

"I'm so sorry." Clary looked down at her lap.

He lifted her head up and kissed her nose. "Don't be. You got back, that's all that matters."