Chapter Seven

Sorry, this one is a little scratchy, bare with me here coz it's not that long but i'm hoping it has a lot of emotion to show you what Harley has been going through through all this! Enjoy! Tell me what you think, vote and comment if you want more! XD

Chapter Seven

Harley's P.O.V

Aching, all over, but mostly in my chest and stomach. Why did I go and say something stupid like that? He'd run away from me, horrified even, and now everything hurt so much I couldn't think. Tanner had been my best friend ever since I could remember, we literally grew up together. He was the first person I could remember when i thought of my childhood. All my life was revolved around him. And now look what I've done. I had to go and fall for him didn't I? What was worse though was that I happened to open my mouth.

Not happened to, I wanted to. I had wanted more than anything to tell him for a very long time how i felt. Now I had, look at the damage I had done. I punched the window of my bedroom and shattering the glass all over my hand. Pain surged up my arm but I didn't care. The pain in my heart was greater. I turned in towards the room now and looked at the pitiful bed in the corner. The desk on the side. Posters of all my favourite bands and actors on the walls. My eyes lingered on the pin up board with the many pictures I'd collected over the years of Tanner and me. I shuddered.

Now I was mad. Mostly at myself, but at Tanner too. He had been so cool about me being gay. When I had told him he hadn't even battered an eyelid. He even laughed and said he'd guessed as much. God! Somebody stop me from thinking so it won’t hurt anymore. I needed to get out of here, I needed to move. I grabbed my cell and ran out of the house.

I arrived outside Sebastian's house half an hour later huffing and puffing. I bent over my knees for a second before righting myself. That's when Sebastian walked out the door. He stopped when he saw me.

“Hey bro,” he said.

“Hey man,” I coughed.

“What you doing here?” Sebastian looked me over, noticing my exhaustion. “Did you run here?”

“Yep. Where you heading?” I asked, needing a distraction. Sebastian flicked his car keys in his hand and nodded to his car as he started walking again.

“Hop in, heading off to a party, Avery said he had me a date,” Seb chuckled. I went around to the passenger side and got in.

“Party, just want I need,” I said, fake smiling. We drove in silence after that. Sebastian had come to expect my strange behaviour. He called it my 'Gay Wave', but I knew he was only teasing. Sebastian and Avery had taken my being gay a little rougher than Tanner had. But it was all good now. I sighed. Then we pulled up at the party.

“Hello party,” Seb said low and slow as he slithered out of the car. He was so strange; I got out after him and we went into the party. Avery jumped over to us, banging his head along with the music, two girls at his sides.

“DUDES!” Avery shouted, putting his hand on my shoulder and screaming in my ear. I cringed away from him.

“Hey man,” I replied.

“So which ones mine?” the girl with the blonde hair said as she eyed Seb and me over. I pointed to Sebastian and she looked a little disappointed. Aw, how mean to Seb. I would totally go there if he was gay. I kid. I shrugged and walked off to find me a drink to leave the… straight couples to themselves. I went into the kitchen; it was pretty empty so I helped myself to the beer even though it wasn’t mine. I grabbed a can holder to hide the brand in case someone came looking and went into the living room where the rave was happening. I choked on my first sip of beer and nearly face planted into someone’s back. There, just disappearing at the top of the stairs, was Tanner and some girl. She was hanging all over him, kissing his neck. His arms were wrapped around her. My heart exploded in my chest, breaking through my ribs and began flying around the room, beating itself against the walls and leaving a sticky red mark wherever it went while it was still attached to me. Okay so not really, that would be weird, but that’s what it felt like. I grabbed the back of a chair to right myself so I wouldn’t fall to my knees and took long and careful deep breaths to ease the pain. My head was ringing from pressure. Someone touched my back, rubbing it in circles, it was kind of soothing.

“Harley man, you alright? We been here five minutes and you’re already sick? Maybe you shouldn’t drink after running so much yeah?” Seb said to me. I looked sideways to see Seb standing there with the blonde, who seemed happy to be with him now.

“I just saw something that freaked me out,” I mumbled. Seb watched over me with concern.

“Want to talk about it?” Normally I wouldn’t, normally I’d say its fine, and I’d deal with it. But this time I really needed to say something. I nodded to Seb and he whispered something to the girl, who giggled and sauntered off, winking after him. Seb then took my arm and dragged me outside into the cool air near the clothes line where no one else was. I leaned against the wall and then slid to the ground, resting my arms on my knees and my head in my hands. Sebastian sat beside me and waited.

“I’ve been in love with Tanner for a while now,” I began, and then stopped, looking sideways to see how Seb would react. His face was a blank poker face so I continued, “We were drunk at his house, and I couldn’t help myself, I kissed him. And he kissed me back, but it didn’t really last long. When we woke things were weird, and we got close again, I thought he was going to try and kiss me sober. So I freaked and confessed to him. Now he’s avoiding me. I just saw him going off to a room with a girl.” The last bit sounded like a sob and I realised I was crying. I let the tears fall and Seb put his arm around me.

“You know what Tanner is like Harley, he’s a dick. Everyone knows that well enough. He might just be confused and scared of what to do. He’s always pushed away things he cares about before he can get hurt. He’s done that to everyone before, everyone but you,” Seb told me, rubbing my back again. I sighed, sniffed and then wiped away the tears with the sleeve of my shirt.

“I think I’ll go home,” I said, standing. Seb stood too and nodded at me.

“Need a lift?” he offered.

“No I’ll walk, I need the movement,” I told him. He smiled, hugged me, patted my back one last time and then went inside.

(Yeah so it's jumpy, sue me hehehe)