Chapter Twelve

So here is the death scene.... dun dun dunnnnnnn! i cried :'( hope you all don't hate me too much teehee VOTE VOTE VOTE and comment!!!!! tell me what you think of the death and destruction hehe

Chapter Twelve

Harley’s P.O.V

Someone was calling me? Who? I knew that voice. How could I forget it? It was the voice that haunted me. The light was blinding, and I quickly shut my eyes again.

“Don’t you dare,” the voice hissed and grabbed my arm. I winced and opened my eyes to see an angel.

“Am I dead?” I asked the angel that hovered over me. He started to laugh a laugh that was like honey to my ears. I needed to get a grip.

“I’ll take that as a no?” I raised an eyebrow and tried to sit. Tanner pushed me back down and jumped up and down eagerly. He was grinning and that made me smile.

“I’ll go tell the nurse,” my father said. Wait, my FATHER?

“Dad?” I asked, so confused. He smiled.

“Hey sonny boy,” he chuckled and came back over.

“What?” I blinked.

“Let me explain,” dad said. He told me everything, about the email, about coming here and meeting up with Tanner and the others, going to the police, the whole Matrix battle on the bridge. I was in shock when he left to get a nurse.

“So you woke up…” Tanner was grinning. I looked at him and frowned, then looked down at myself.

“Seems that way,” I teased.

“No I mean, everyone talked to you, telling you to wake up. But you didn’t. So I spoke to you, and you did,” Tanner chuckled. I didn’t like how smug he looked and I blushed. I turned my head away to hide the blush and pain shot through the side of my face that touched the pillow. I groaned in pain and grabbed my cheek. Tanner freaked and started fussing over me, and I liked it.

“So what happened to you?” he asked me. I shook my head at him.

“Another time,” I told him. He opened his mouth to object, like I knew he would, but he closed it and slouched in a sulk. Then he did something unexpected. He leant forward and hugged me, resting his cheek against a bare spot on my chest. I wasn’t sure what to do; this seemed too… passionate to be friends. Maybe it was just me, so I hugged him back and savoured the feeling. God I was pathetic. My dad and a nurse returned and Tanner leaped off my like I was poisonous and flung himself against the wall. That hurt. I put on my poker face to try and hide the emotional pain I was suddenly feeling. I hoped the nurse wouldn’t check my pulse, she’d hear my heart breaking as I looked at Tanner’s face full of hatred for a second before composing and relaxing. The nurse smiled and touched my arm.

“Okay sweetie, how you feeling?” she asked me nicely. I sighed, she meant physically right? Emotionally I was a mess. I tired not to look at Tanner.

“My face hurts,” I mumbled. The nurse began examining my face, lifting the bandages at the edges. I tried not to wince by biting my lip.

“What happened to the gang guys?” I asked my dad to give me something else to think about. He bowed his head and fiddled with the blanket at the end of my bed.

“Uh, a few escaped, most are under custody,” dad mumbled, there was something else though, I could see it in his eyes.

“What? What is it?” I asked him, why did I feel panicked?