Chapter Nine

(Okay so i tried to make this chapter seem... almost comical considering Harley's situation. But we'll see what you think about it at the end!) Oh and what do you think of Blake? om nom nom

Chapter Nine

Harley’s P.O.V

One minute I was casually walking down the road on my way to Tanner’s to tell him about my meet with the other guy. The next a car had pulled up, two men had grabbed me and pulled me into the car where I was punched and my lights went out. Then I was waking on a cold tiled floor with my hands tied behind my back. That was yesterday. Today I was sitting in a chair with my wrist handcuffed to the table I was sitting at. A guy with a bald head and a scruffy beard was eating his pancakes while I watched, my mouth watering. I hadn’t eaten since yesterday morning. I hadn’t spoken since I’d told my mum I was off to Tanner’s. The guy put another big forkful of hot sticky pancake in his mouth, the maple syrup running over his lips into his beard. When the guy finished chewing her turned to me, pointing at me with the fork.

“So, you think you can stay quiet forever huh?” the guy asked. I didn’t as much as blink. I’d avoided his many attempts to get me to talk. I knew what they wanted as soon as I’d seen them. They wanted me to tell them where my dad was hiding. You see my dad used to be a drug dealer, these were his customers. A few years ago, after an overdosing and death scare, he’d gone clean. So the customer’s came after him and he ran away to hide. They wanted me to tell him where he was, and there was just no way I was going to tell them… even if I knew. I had to mess with them a little. If I went right out at the beginning and said I didn’t know, they wouldn’t have believed me and tortured me. If they did believe me they would have killed me. Why was my life so dramatic?

“Fine, you know the deal. Tell us where your father is hiding, and we’ll let you eat,” the guy huffed and continued to eat his pancakes in front of me. When he finished he pushed the plate in front of me so the lingering smell wafted under my nose. The guy smirked when I cringed away from it.

“Take him away,” the guy chuckled. Another man, broad and tall with a muscular body and tanned skin who reminded me a lot of Vin Diesel, came over and undid the handcuffs, then dragged me down the hall and locked me in a spare bedroom. All it had was a bedpan and a mattress on the floor. As much as my father’s actions had caused this to happen to me, I couldn’t hate him. I loved my dad, and I knew he loved me. That’s why he’d run away and not told us where he’d gone, to protect us. I admired him. I sighed and sagged onto my mouldy mattress to try and get some sleep to ease the hunger pains I was feeling. This was all too dramatic, like a badly written story where the author has run out of things to write about and needed something more… entertaining. I watched the dust flitter around in the little light that slithered into the room through a crack in the boards nailed over the glass so I couldn’t escape. I needed a plan. I couldn’t go much longer without eating. At least they were giving me water. Then I’d be forced to say something so I could get food. I’d have to make up a place. They’d probably hold me captive until they checked it out, but they might feed me over that time. Maybe I could escape after that? I sighed again as my thoughts wondered to Tanner. I hadn’t even tried to stop liking him. I couldn’t. I loved him too much. Now I might not ever see him again. I frowned and rolled onto my side and hugged my legs, not liking that thought at all. If I could never see his smiling happy face again… or hear his voice call my name… it was too painful to imagine. My determination to escape flared inside me. I was going to get out of here, or die trying. I wasn’t ever going to give up trying to get back to him.

Someone smashed into the bedroom door and it rattled on his hinges. I saw them creak and shudder under the weight. There’s an idea. Those hinges look very old indeed. I crawled over to them and looked, they were rusting away. How interesting. I grinned and leaped back to my mattress as the door clicked as someone unlocked it. The head of Vin Diesel poked in through the gap and he grinned at me.