Parent Troubles

"Jenna, if you don't want us to fall, you'll slow down."

Jenna's head whipped around to face Arabella as she glared. Arabella jaw shut and looked away from blue and green eyes. Jenna typed in the code next to the door and it slid open. The room itself was intact, which was a miracle. Kate headed for the door at the back, and leaned down for the retinal scan.

The door opened like French doors down the middle. They all let out a breath they were holding when they saw the things they had left of their parents were there, and safe.

Sandra went over to her father's acoustic guitar and smiled. Arabella picked up her father's old locket, Jenna her father's bracelet, Kate her father's old handkerchief, Geoffrey his father's old basketball, and Jessica picked up her father's favorite book.

Then Sandra's smile fell and she sighed.

"So where do we go now?" her voice was soft.

"We don't. We live our normal lives, and when Robin and Co mess up again, we help them." Geoffrey said. The girls looked at him like he as crazy.

"You want us to go on their missions without our base?" Jenna asked incredulously.

"No." said Kate. She stood up from crouching on the ground. "We go to their base."

"Soon. We'll go soon. For now, I have to make sure Robin doesn't make the connection between us and ourselves from Gotham Academy."

o.O.o

 Sandra sighed when she looked at the board. She looked to her right and saw Arabella the only person in the class taking notes, but looking just as bored, if not more so, than Sandra.

Arabella was looking at the presenter who was at the front. His story was about someone who had drowned saving the life of another. The black haired girl raised her hand when he was done.

"Yes, Arabella?"

"Would you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Die saving someone else?"

"No way."

"Why not?"

The boy thought for a moment. "Because if given a choice, I would rather save myself than save someone else." 

Arabella looked disgusted. "Is that not undeniably selfish?" Jenna had to stifle a laugh. 

"Ms. Moon! Detention for you!" the teacher said and Arabella groaned slamming her head on the table. "Do you want to be here tomorrow too?" Arabella groaned mentally and shook her head.

"No, ma'am."

Sandra looked to her left to Jenna, and they both laughed quietly. But they shut up when they felt Arabella's death glare.

The school bell rang and Arabella sighed with relief. She packed up all her books and walked over to Sandra. "Hey Sa-"

"Ms. Moon. Can I talk to you please?" asked the professor.

Arabella nodded. "Good luck Bella" Sandra said with a wink, walking away to join the others.

She walked towards the teacher. "Yes, ma'am?" she asked apprehensively.

The teacher looked up at Arabella and folded her hands across the desk.

"You did not seem to take interest in the lesson. And that comment was particularly unneeded. Any reason?"

Arabella paused. " I think it is because I am slightly restless, ma'am ." She said after a while.

The teacher nodded. "I thought so. I have made a requested to the coach that you and your group try out for some different sports to take your mind off of things. You may meet him outside in the field after your classes."