fourteen

Michael sighed, knocking on the door of Ashton's family's house. Luke had been staying there for a week and it had driven Michael insane. He didn't even go back to the old dorm room him and Ashton shared. He went even further away to go back to Ashton's house and had Ashton stay with him. Michael had to call Calum to get Ashton's number and it took even more convincing for Ashton to tell Michael his address.

He really missed Luke. The week had been awful but he placed all of his frustration in his tryouts and it worked really nicely for him. He had a few scouts come running to him after the practice to get him to consider having a meeting with them.

It overwhelmed Michael but he was a lot less stressed than he had been and he knew he really had to apologize to Luke. He felt strangely empty without the petite boy. They had known each other for about five months and he already felt like Luke was a huge part of his life.

Michael waited maybe a minute or two before the door swung open and he was met by the small boy that had avoided his calls and messages for the past week. He had waited to come visit because he knew Luke needed space and he wanted to work on a few things at home before he went to talk to Luke.

Luke noticed who was waiting and started to close the door.

"Wait-Baby, wait," Michael said quickly, putting his hand on the wooden material and opening the door.

"What do you want Michael?" Luke asked, crossing his arms over his body so that they were resting on his belly. Michael hadn't seen Luke in only a week but it seemed as if the boy's stomach had seemed to have grown so much more.

"I came to apologize. This is definitely not a mistake. I care about you and our babies so much. I don't want to lose either of you. You guys mean so much to me. I was just so stressed and upset that day and I snapped at you and took out my anger at you and I really didn't mean to. I'm so sorry Luke."

"I cried for hours after that Michael. Ashton had to hold me because I couldn't stop crying. You're a piece of shit Michael," Luke hissed angrily. Michael visually deflated and Luke could see how upset Luke still was.

"Please Luke. I know I was horrible to you but I didn't mean any of it and it's hurting me that you don't want to be with me anymore. Just hear me out. I want to take you to the apartment so we can talk. If you decide after that you want nothing to do with me I will bring you back and let you take your things," Michael insisted.

"Just once Clifford. Take me to the apartment."

Luke wobbled out of the house and closed the door behind him. He didn't even bother to grab his wallet or anything. He had barely just gotten out of bed and knew he wouldn't be missing out on anything. Ashton could always go to the apartment if anything happened.

"Okay. Get in the car. I promise you won't regret it," Michael said.

Luke pushed past Michael and went into the passenger side of the car, Michael following. It was awkwardly quiet for the half an hour ride. Michael would say a few words, ask a few questions and Luke wouldn't respond. He would completely ignore the black-haired boy. Michael was relieved once he pulled into the parking lot and stopped the car. Luke would be forced to talk to him now.

"Can you put on this blindfold?" Michael asked, passing over a blindfold to the pregnant boy in his passenger seat.

"You want me to put on a blindfold even though we got in a fight last week and have not spoken since then?" Luke questioned, holding the satin tie that Michael had given him as a blindfold in his hand.

"It'd be appreciated. I have a surprise for you and I'm hoping it makes up for what I did."

"You can't win me over with objects."

"No. You'll like it. It's for the babies. And you. Please just agree."

"If I feel you try anything, I'm kicking you and running away."

"I promise I won't do anything Baby," Michael confirmed.

Luke tied the blindfold around his eyes and Michael grabbed on to his hand, helping him up the stairs and taking him to the elevator to their apartment floor.

Michael led Luke to their apartment and opened the door so that Luke could step in. Luke stumbled a bit not that he was walking in a more confined place and couldn't see where he was going but Michael helped him out and led him to a room Luke hadn't set foot in since they were looking to buy the apartment.

Michael placed Luke in the center of the room. Luke felt uneasy, knowing Michael was no longer near him. Michael walked to the small music box that was on the dresser drawer and turned the nob until a calm, melodic version of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' started playing.

"Take off the blindfold."

Luke followed Michael's instructions and immediately started crying when he noticed what Michael had done. He had set up the nursery. Well for the most part. The walls were painted a light purple and there was one crib in the corner mostly assembled. There was a dresser in the corner that was put together and a baby changing center attached to it. Luke ran, waddled, to Michael and hugged him tightly. He was so happy. This was incredible.

"I know it's not much but I had Calum and some of the other guys from the hockey team come help me with everything. Calum and I painted the walls while the others followed the instructions to put together the furniture. We still have a lot to put together but I have a few of the decorations for the room in our bedroom. I hope you realize that I truly am sorry and that I would never do anything to hurt you or the babies. I don't want to lose you guys again. We were apart for a week and I felt awful. Please forgive me Luke."

"Yeah, I forgive you," Luke said softly, he was still in awe on all the work Michael had put in with his friends.

"Good. I'd cry if you left officially with the twins."

"I'd come back eventually. You're still their dad too."

"Good. I care about our family so much Luke," Michael said, pressing his lips softly to Luke's temple.

"I do too Michael. I do too," Luke hummed.

The babies were only four months away from coming and that terrified Michael and Luke but the two young dads couldn't be more expectant. Everything was finally falling back into place for the lovers.

***

I had a snow day today and I normally hold off on updating but I have this completed and wow I don't know why it takes me so long I 

-malumdictionary