epilogue

seven years later

***

Luke stumbled on his skates, as his two young kids skated around him. Parker had his black skates on while Liliana was chasing her younger brother with a hockey stick. He was trying to hold himself up but it was difficult with his son clutching on to him trying to hide from his sister. Luke really couldn't afford to fall but he didn't want to stop his kids from having fun.

"Lilliana! Parker! Back away from your dad before he falls over. We don't want to lose Clifford's number three and number four do we?" Michael's voice asked, echoing through the empty ice rink.

The twins looked up to see their dad stepping on to the ice and skating in their direction.

"Dad!" Both gasped. They immediately let go of Luke, who let go of the breath he had been holding in, and went running towards their dad.

The two kids jumped up and tackled their dad down onto the ice, both holding tightly on to their dad that hadn't been home in a month. It was the only reason that they could afford their own ice rink. Michael was drafted to the Toronto Maple Leafs only a year being in college and Luke of course followed with the twins. Luke didn't think about going to the Olympics as much anymore, especially that Michael had bought him this rink. He taught classes to little kids and even trained a few.

They were happy and now they had another set of twins on the way. A boy and a girl again. Their names were going to be Iris and Harry.

Luke looked fondly at his family, a few tears moving down his cheeks as he saw his family laying on the ice. He was definitely a lot more hormonal with the second pregnancy and his poor six year old's didn't know what to do most of the time. Michael allowed his kids to mess around a bit before he got up off the ice and skated towards his husband.

"Hey Lukey," Michael cooed, leaning forward and pressing multiple light kisses to his husband's lips.

"Ew," Liliana groaned, while her brother cooed.

"I missed you," Michael said softly.

"I missed you too. It felt like forever. Ashton came over to visit me a lot, with Calum being gone to. We went baby shopping together. I'm so excited to see a little Hood. Ashton's about two months along and has the tiniest little belly compared to me," Luke said, pointing to his four and a half month belly. Calum and Michael had been drafted on to the same team and were known as the dynamic duo. The team loved them and they were definitely among the best.

"You do look a bit bigger than last time I saw you. It's cute. I'm so excited to see our new babies," Michael said happily.

"I can't wait for them out. We aren't having anymore after this. Soon we'll be able to have our own hockey team if this continues," Luke grumbled. He wasn't used to the cramping and he wasn't allowed out on the ice as much. He had some of his teenage aids teaching his classes since he definitely couldn't.

"We could be the Toronto Maple Cliffords."

"Did you just?" Luke questioned, earning a blush from Michael.

"How have the other two been doing?" Michael asked.

"Liliana's already the best on her team and the coach asked to include her on the boy's team. I'm a bit scared to say yes so I told him I was going to wait until you came back. Parker just learned how to do a catch-foot spiral and it's the cutest thing ever. We have cute kids."

"We definitely do. Saying they look like me," Michael teased, earning a shove from his husband.

"Shut up. You're just jealous that I can still pass for a teenager when we go to clubs," Luke teased back.

Michael started skating backwards and Luke followed, both of them allowing their kids to continue running around as they skated.

"I can't believe our kids are almost eight. I feel so old," Luke said.

"I mean, the twins will be here before they turn eight. It'll all be good," Michael said calmly.

"I'm so glad your season is over. I don't know if I'd be able to deal with four kids by myself," Luke said wrapping his arms around Michael and Michael soon followed back.

"I know. I know. But imagine how exciting it's going to be. They can skate as well, maybe even on wheels I'm not picky, and then we'll have a skating family. I love you so much Luke," Michael said softly, pressing his lips to Luke's again.

"I love you too Mikey. Now let's get off the ice. My feet are a bit swollen and they're hurting more in my skates," Luke said, tugging on his boyfriend, knowing the two kids would be okay skating by themselves while they sat on the outer benches.

"Dammit, I thought you were going to say let's get off as in let's get each other off," Michael grumbled.

"Maybe later Daddy, don't want to scar the kids," Luke said cheekily, running his fingers through Michael's hair before walking off the rink. A little hop was in his step as he walked to the bench. Michael groaned watching his husband.

"Do you have as much stamina as you did last time you were pregnant?" Michael asked, soon sitting down next to him.

"It's about ten times worse."

"Oh fuck."

***

Here's the epilogue!! I hope you guys liked it. This is what I always had planned and idk it's cute. I was going to include that Parker was going to go to the Olympics in like ten years but didn't feel like adding more to the epilogue but there you go. It's bittersweet to end this story. It was always one of my favorites to update. Thank you for reading this and I hope it influences you to read my other stories ;-)

(I have a new malum story btw and it's called Anonymous and super cute. Go check it out)

Love you guys. Xx

-malumdictionary