eighteen

Luke is pacing back and forth in the empty nursery. Michael isn't home and he's freaking out. He feels so sick and nauseous and he's sure he's going to pass out. They had two possible months until the babies were coming and he didn't think he was ready.

Luke was panicking majorly to say the least. He was eighteen years old. He was not ready to be a dad. He couldn't take of others when he couldn't take care of himself. He tugged at his blonde hair as tears slowly moved down his face.

"Baby? Luke? Where are you? I know you're here babe."

Michael. Michael was so calm about everything and he was so unsure of how he could. Luke was terrified yet Michael seemed so ready. Luke wished he was him.

"I'm in here," Luke sniffled.

Michael followed the sound of his boyfriend's voice and opened a few doors before he found him in the nursery.

"What are you doing in- oh no baby. Are you okay? What's wrong? Please don't cry," Michael cooed. He ran towards his lover and pulled him into his arms.

Luke cuddled into the pair of strong arms but was still shaking badly.

"What's wrong, Luke?" Michael asked.

Luke explained and all Michael got was "twins" and "bad father". He really couldn't understand with Luke crying.

"Luke please stop crying for a few seconds and explain properly. I can't understand you."

"I'm going to be a horrible father for the twins."

"Why do you think that, Luke? You're going to be an amazing father," Michael said softly, playing with the blonde's hair.

"I'm eighteen years old and a pain in the butt and annoying and the kids are going to hate me. I'm going to be a bad dad and you'll be the favorite and I don't like that I have no idea what I'm doing," Luke explained. His voice wasn't as broken now but Michael could finally understand him.

"I feel the same way but that doesn't mean that everything isn't going to be okay. We can raise these kids and they will be so happy and we will raise them to the best of our ability and it will be okay. They will love us equally and we will love them equally. It's going to be okay Luke," Michael said slowly. Michael pressed light kisses to Luke's forehead as Luke's breathing started slowing down.

"Are you sure, Michael?" Luke asked.

"Very sure. It's just you, me, and the twins and I'm totally okay with that," Michael answered.

Michael moved Luke so that he was lying on the bed. Michael's bed space had shrunk a lot since Luke's belly was so big but he didn't mind. He wanted Luke to be as comfortable as possible. Michael wrapped his arm around the small boy and allowed him to calm down. He slowly moved his hands up and down on Luke's side and the small boy let out a noise that sounded content.

"Everything will be okay baby," Michael reassured.

"How can you be so calm? I'm about to pop at any moment. We have two kids dammit. I wish I could be the chill parent but knowing me I'll have a heart attack the first time one of the kids scrapes their knee. Can we have them skate as soon as their old enough? I started at age three but that might be too young. We can get them started at age four. Oh my god, they could be a skating duo and do pairs or they could do hockey together. It's whatever they please," Luke sleepily rambled and Michael just chuckled at his boyfriend's anxious words. 

"Baby, calm down. The stress isn't good on the babies. We can definitely do that. They can choose which ever sport they want when it comes to the time. We can have them skate or they can do another sport. Just focus on the present and the future will come when it's necessary. Relax," Michael cooed. He squeezed his pregnant boyfriend and brought him closer. Michael knew that everything was going to be alright. 

***

I thought I had updated this but I forgot to pressed publish oops

-malumdictionary