~Six~

I picture Lily collins as Avery, but you can picture Avery as whoever you want:)

Not edited

I watch, my eyes wide and hands trembling with apprehension of what she had just told me, as she disappears from my sight. She did not literally disappear, as in 'blow-up-in-a puff-of-smoke and vanish. But when she left the kitchen without another word, I followed her, and, confusingly, she was not their when I peered down the hallway that led to the front door.

The sharp deafening ring of my phone makes me jump in my spot and I let out a loud sigh. I walk back to the kitchen and look at the caller ID that displays on the screen.

My brows pucker at the unfamiliar number, my mind debating on whether I should just press decline or not.

It continues to ring, the annoying bell repeatedly going off and I quickly press the green answer button.

"H-Hello?" I ask, coughing lightly to desperately make my weak and scared voice go away.

The line was quiet, too quiet. But I could hear the noise of low and shallow breathing on the other end, someone definitely was there.

After seconds, right when I was just about to give up on this anonymous phone call, the person speaks.

"Avery?" They call my name. The masculine voice sounding rushed and scratchy, and slightly panicky.

"Who is this?" I ask.

"Is this Avery, I'm looking for Avery, can you get her?" He asks quickly and I hear him let out a quick sigh.

"This is Avery," I waver. "Who is this?" I ask again. More demanding.

"Oh," the line got quiet again. "It's Harry," the voice says, surprising me.

"Before you say anything, I need to know if you're okay, Avery. Are you?" He asks anxiously.

"Yes, I'm fine, why?" I insisted. I hear him sigh.

"Nothing, I just...had a feeling." He mumbles awkwardly. I give myself a confused and wondering expression.

"Okay. But I need to talk to you, Harry." I said cautious.

"About what?" He asks shortly.

"I just need to tell you something, okay? It's important and I'm sure you could fill me in on a lot of things." I say with an airy laugh.

"Like what?" He asks suspiciously.

"Can we-" I cut myself off hesitantly, avoiding his previous question. "Can we meet?"

"Sure, when and where?" He asks after a moment of silenced hesitation.

"Tonight, right now, and at Dave's Coffee House?" I say, it sounding more of a question.

"Why such a public place?" He asks. I could hear the disdain in his words, the tone flying at me like a sharp knife.

"Who cares?" I ask, aggravated at the fact that he cares so much of what people see him as or what he looks like.

"I care." he argues.

"You don't around me." I point out.

"Yeah I do," he says more carefully. I bite my lip, gnawing at it as I think of what to say.

"Well I don't care what you look like." I state. "I have to go, I will be there soon, it'll be closed but I have an extra key so we'd be able to go in." I inform him.

"Won't we get in trouble with the law?" He asks. "That's trespassing." I could hear a faint teasing tone in his voice.

"We won't, trust me." I say easily.