Ohhh Canada

Camila's POV

It had been about a month since Clare had come to live with us and it was safe to say she was settled in. We allowed Charlotte and her to share a room, provided they kept the door open, while also making sure that Clare knew that the guest room was her bedroom to have if she ever chose to use it.

The girls spent Clare's first weekend here decorating it and putting up all her pictures that she wasn't able to take with her after being unceremoniously kicked out of her parent's house. Lauren and I went by the next day and shared some heated words with her parents, trying to knock some sense into them when it came to being more accepting of their daughter, but it was no use. They were completely set in their ways, begrudgingly allowing us to pack up the rest of Clare's room (due to Lauren's threats) before bidding us a stern farewell, offering no kind words or concerns to their daughter's wellbeing.

And now here we were, a month later and the small girl couldn't have been happier in my eyes. She was thriving under our care, completely sure of herself and confident which was quite a change from the usual reserved girl who only let go on rare occasions.

"Cameeeeeeeeeela!!" I heard Clare's voice call me from downstairs, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Si mija? What can I help you with?" I poked my head out of my bedroom, replying.

"Did Lauren make it to Vancouver safely?" She responded, much quieter this time.

"She did! She texted me a few minutes ago. Why honey?"

"Oh okay good! No reason, I just got a little worried." She spoke sweetly.

"Well no worries necessary, she's safe and sound and hating the cold." I made my way downstairs to sit next to the girl who was busy finishing up some homework while Charlotte took her shower.

"I can almost imagine the scowl on her face when she got off the plane." Clare spoke, causing the two of us to giggle at the thought.

"I'm sure that's exactly what she's doing mija. Anyway, what are you girls up to tonight?" I questioned, hoping they'd be going out so I could skype my wife...privately.

"I think Sam said something about going on a double date. Things are going really well with her and Daniel, so she wanted to do something couple-y" She smiled.

"I'm glad, he's a good kid. Just like you." I poked her nose playfully, causing her to scrunch up her face. "When are you leaving?"

"Couple hours I think. We're supposed to meet them at the mall at 7 and then decide on where to eat I think."

"Okay mija, just be safe." She nodded as I kissed the crown of her head and made my way back upstairs to text Lauren about skyping tonight.

*later that evening*

The girls were out and I was currently donning my sexiest pair of vibrant red lingerie to surprise my wife with over skype. She was currently on a trip to Canada to do a couple promo interviews for her new book and would be gone for a few days, leaving me all by my lonesome...basically.

I slipped a white silk robe over my body, sticking with the Canada theme, and opened up my MacBook, logging into skype before calling my wife.

She picked up after a few rings and I saw her eyes visibly darken at the sight of my current attire. "H-hey baby."

"Hey Lolo. How's Canada?"

"No how are you Lolo? I miss you so much?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"Nope, I know you're doing fine, that you're cold and that you miss me more than words can describe. But I don't know about Canada so tell me!" I giggled.