Sweet Sixteen

Charlotte's POV

I woke up to the feeling of soft kisses being peppered all over my face, causing me to scrunch up all my features. Slowly I relaxed and allowed my eyes to open, only to be met by the shining gaze of my girlfriend who was currently wearing nothing but an old softball jersey and a face eating grin.

"Baby wake up." She giggled.

"I am up," I groaned, pulling my comforter up over my face to block the sun rays streaming in through my bedroom window. "The question is why? It's Saturday."

"Charlie. Don't tell me you forgot your own birthday." Clare teased.

"I didn't! I just remembered that on my birthday I get to sleep in as long as I want. So, unless you're letting me cash in on my birthday sex right now, I suggest you get your cute butt back under the covers and snuggle with me until I decide it's an appropriate time to wake up."

"Your mom is making Nutella waffles."

"Clare. I do not care. Get back under the covers and fucking cuddle with me."

"Only cause it's your birthday." She beamed, leaning forward to pull down my sheets enough to gain access to my lips. She pecked me softly before rolling over and making her way back under the covers, wrapping her arm around my waist as she laid her head back down on my chest and fell into a peaceful slumber along with me.

I awoke two hours later to the smell of waffles drifting through the house. Maybe I was lying when I said I didn't care about my mom's Nutella waffles. They were bomb as fuck, and a birthday tradition. Clearly my stomach didn't care about sleeping anymore either as it let out a loud rumble.

Rubbing the sleep out of our eyes, Clare and I both put on some sweats (seeing as we liked to sleep pants-less for...reasons) and made our way downstairs to be greeted by the smiling faces of both my moms. Sam was nowhere to be found but I assumed she was still sleeping.

"Feliz cumpleaños mi princesa." My mama walked over to me, wrapping me in a warm hug as she kissed the crown of my head.

"Gracias mami." I smiled up at her.

"Happy birthday sweetheart, we thought you two would never wake up this morning." My mom enveloped me in another embrace, kissing both my cheeks.

"Yes well, this one was definitely against waking up," Clare started in, poking my cheek with her finger. "But I'm pretty sure as soon as we both smelled waffles, she knew she'd have to get up before Sam came down and ate them all."

I heard my mom fake cough and mutter "and Camila" which caused my mama to immediately turn and give her the death glare.

"Speaking of which," I cut in, breaking my mother's staring match. "Where is she? I mean, I'm only turning 16 once! She better not be sleeping in still. Remember her sweet sixteen? The three of us had to get up at 5am just to make sure everything was ready for her "Super Sweet Sixteen Extravaganza"." I used air quotes as I rolled my eyes at the memory.

"Mija, calm down. Your sister has been up early like your mama and I. She's actually just out getting your last present now." My mom smirked at me, her emerald eyes shining, mirroring my own.

"Oh. Well...Cool." I shrugged, taking Clare's hand in my own as I led her to the kitchen table to sit down and eat. My moms followed us, taking their own seats and sipping their coffees as they watched Clare and I shovel Nutella waffles into our mouths.

"Honey, maybe you should slow down?" My mom spoke, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Lo, let her enjoy her food. It's her birthday breakfast."