Dying is for the Weak...end

Camila's POV

I tried to shut the door to our hotel room as quietly as possible, as to not wake my sleeping wife. Unfortunately, due to my luck, at the last second the door whooshed out of my hand and slammed closed.

"Fuck..." I muttered to myself as I heard the sounds of Lauren grumbling awake.

"C-Camila?" I heard her groggy voice coming from the bedroom of our suite.

I tiptoed across the room, trying to evade my wife, hoping she wouldn't notice me. We were halfway through the 7/27...Back and Better Together Tour, and were staying in Scotland for two days on break before performing in Glasgow and then heading to England. Unfortunately, due to the cold, rainy weather, Lauren had the misfortune of getting sick and I had the misfortune of taking care of her. Now don't get me wrong, I love my wife. I would do anything for her.

I have done anything for her...I shuddered at the thought of when we went to Maui on our 3 year wedding anniversary where unfortunately, Lauren got stung by a jellyfish and I had to...well...I don't like to talk about it.

But the thing about Lauren is that while she has this tough, unapproachable exterior, built up from years of being thrown into an industry where everyone yearns to know your every move, she's literally a child. When Lauren is sick, the whole world stops. She can't take care of herself, and thus drags everyone down with her sniffles and sour mood. As if we were the ones to give her the illness. (I mean Dinah was the one who got sick first but still)

"Camila Cabello-Jauregui! I know you're in here! I can smell that Chanel perfume from a mile away!" Her voice was hoarse and I had to stop myself from making a snarky remark about how she was too stuffed up to actually be able to smell anything.

"Camila isn't here right now! Leave a message at the beep!" I groaned as I sulked into the room, stifling a laugh as I saw my wife buried under two comforters and at least five pillows. The only thing visible was her pierced nose, peeking out from between two fluffy hotel throw pillows.

"Where have you been?" The pillows started to move as my wife began to emerge from her pillow coffin, her flushed skin making her look even more like a vampire than usual.

"I was getting breakfast babe."

"You didn't leave a note! I was worried sick." I caught note of her green eyes, much duller than normal due to her cold, but still holding their usual intensity.

"Baby, I did leave a note," I pointed to her bedside table where my note lay crisp and untouched. "You've been asleep this whole time."

"Well how was I supposed to see it if it's all the way over there Camz?" She rolled her eyes causing me to sigh. I wish our daughters weren't smack in the middle of their school year so they could come visit and deal with their mother instead of me.

"Lauren...the note is a foot away from you."

"A foot too far Camila!"

"How about next time I leave, I'll tape my note right on your forehead? Will that be good enough for you princess?" I smirked.

"I don't have the time or the energy for your sass Karla."

"And yet, you're still arguing with me," I winked causing her to huff loudly. "Now they're still serving food for another half hour. Are you feeling up to eating today?"

"I dunno," Her voice was much quieter as she started speaking in her baby voice that she knew was my weakness. "Do they have grape juice?"

"I can go see baby. Anything else?" She shrugged before speaking again.