14- not a one night thing

the city i grew up in was packed with people on a night like this, partying, dancing, and eating fancy dinners with their lovers, but i myself sat in the bar, alone.

the bar seemed loud and crowded, as usual, as i at a barstool.

"here you go," the bartender said as he placed another round of shots on the table in front of me.

"i'm sorry, i didn't order this," i said as i pushed the row of drinks back towards him.

"it's from the boy in the back over there," he said as he pushed it back at me once again, gave a quick smirk, and walked to another lonely customer.

i turned my head to the back to see a boy about my age standing, leaning up against the bar on his forearms, staring my way. i rolled my eyes and looked back at my drink, stirring it with my straw. the last thing i need is another boy only here to break my heart again.

"hey," he said in my ear. it made me jump, i didn't even know he had walked over here.

"uh, hi," i said, avoiding eye contact, shifting in my seat.

"i saw you sitting here all alone, and i needed someone to talk to," he said shyly, yet cockily as i looked into his eyes. his eyes were very timid, soft, loving. i turned my body to face his as he geastured at the stool next to me. "mind if i join you??

i slowly nodded and he took a seat.

"i'm y/n," i said, reaching out my hand to him.

"Shawn," he said, taking my hand and kissing the top of it. not once did he break eye contact.

"why are you staring at me?" i said, giggling as i looked away from him and down at my drink.

"it's sort of hard not to stare at someone as beautiful as you," he said, still holding on to my hand.

"stop, that's cheesy," i said playfully as i pulled my hand away from his, a smile now widely spread across my face.

"so y/n, what brings you here?" Shawn says, propping his head up on his hand, his elbow resting on the bar table.

"oh, nothing really. i just wanted some time alone," i said.

"if you want me to go, just say the words and i'll be gone," he said as he stood up.

"no," i said, grabbing his hand as he sat back down. "stay." he looked back and me for a quick moment before he flagged down the bartender and ordered another drink.

hours went by of us chatting, laughing, and drinking. this is exactly what i needed.

"how abouttt we ditttch this place, eeeh?" Shawn said, slurring his words.

"yeah, i don't have a car though," i said as i burst out into laughter for no apparent reason.

"i'll call a cab," Shawn said as he walked out of the bar and onto the sidewalk. he waved his hands frantically like a mad man until a taxi finally pulled up in front of us. he held open to door for me and i stepped inside.

"where too, Madame?" Shawn said, his eyelids drooping.

"anywhere that i can be with you," i said as he leaned forward and gave the driver directions.

"my place it is," Shawn said as he put his arm around my shoulders.

the rest is history. i don't remember much more of what happened that night, i don't even remember if we made it to Shawn's place, but all i know is that this wasn't going to be a one night thing.

***

hi lovelies

this was trash (yet again)

-lindsey