33- worth it

listen to the video in the media at the ***
––––––––––

"y/n... y/n," i heard in my ear as someone shook my shoulders, causing me to jump.

"Shawn?" i asked groggily, yet slightly alarmed by the sudden awakening.

"c'mon, come with me," he whispered, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of my bunk, landing on the floor with a thud.

"shhh," he said, helping me up. i rolled my eyes and a deep laugh erupted from the back of his throat, causing me to laugh along.

in the pitch black night, we stumbled out of the tour bus and on to the pavement. we quietly snuck behind the bus and looked around, making sure it was clear to leave.

"what are we even–" i said, Shawn cutting me off by shushing me.

"you'll see," he said smirking as he turned to look back in front of the bus. "now."

he lunged forward and forward and ran, keeping low as we snuck to the front of the arena where he just performed hours before.

"who's there?" we heard a deep voice yell and a light shine our way.

"run," Shawn whispered as we ran as fast as we could, stumbling and laughing.

we reached the doors of the backstage and he pulled it open as i ran inside. He locked the door behind us and laughed as we jogged into the arena.

the lights were low lit but the stage spotlight remained on. his mic and guitar and his band's drum sets and equipment were all still on the stage, exactly where they were left.

Shawn escorted me to the middle row of the floor and gestured me to sit, so i did. he jogged back up to the front of the stage and picked up his guitar.

"this one's for y/n, scream it out!" he yelled into the working mic, holding his hand up in the air as if there were an audience.

"wooo!" i yelled in return, earning a slight giggle from his parted lips. ***

my eyes welled up with tears as i listened to the opening chord. he never failed to amaze me, the way his fingers plucked the strings and pressed down the chords.

i closed my eyes and listened to his angelic voice, one that almost always brought me to tears.

as the song came close to the end, i began walking up to the stage.

the song came to an end as he played the ending chords.

i jumped up on the stage and pressed my lips against his. he picked me up by the hips and spun me around, both giggling.

at times, i find it hard to be on the road everyday, but moments like these, the ones that i share with the love of my life, make everything worth it.

***

y'all i'm editing this & no joke i just talked about how i wanted to go to vidcon to meet jacob sartorius.

goodbye jsjsjjsjsjs

-lindsey