29- for you

"okay babe, i'm heading out," Shawn yelled up the stairs to me.

i slide across the wooden floor of the hallway in my socks and make a sharp turn to run down the stairs. i practically threw myself into his arms, knocking him against the door.

lightly laughing, he kissed my lips and held me up as i hung my arms around his shoulders. he put me down and engulfed me in a hug.

he opened the door and stepped out into the warm spring weather.

"have fun at the studio," i said, waving my hand at him as he walked out to his car. "work your magic babe," i said with a soft smile.

"i love you!" he yelled as he stepped in, putting his bag in the passenger seat.

"love you more!" i yelled in response as i closed the heavy front door with a thud and leaned back against it.

i saw a small book sitting on the stair railing, so i walked over to it, sliding in my socks as i caught my balance on the rail.

the cover was old, the leather stained with graphite and smudged with fingerprints.

i opened the book to find pages upon pages of words and lines with scribbles and doodles filling the margins and blank spaces.

"her eyes shine as bright as diamonds," i read aloud from behind the scribble markings overlapping it.

"her hair blowing in the soft breeze made me love her that much more," it said, once again scribbled out.

i flipped through countless numbers of pages, all covered by words and lines crossing through.

"she's even drop dead gorgeous, but she kills me anyways," i read aloud. it was circled in red pen and had stars drawn all around it.

i giggled to myself just thinking about Shawn's excitement for his new songs.

i was reading through countless more pages when a voice tore me out of my thoughts.

"those are for you, you know," i heard a familiar voice say from behind me before i felt a pair of large hands wrap around my waist. "It took me forever to get the words just right,"

"these are beautiful Shawn," i said, leaning back and resting my head against his chest.

"i wanted to make it special, just for you," he said, kissing my jaw.

"thanks babe, i love you," i whispered, kissing his cheek in return.

"got to go. forgot that," he said, letting go of my waist and kissing my forehead. he grabbed the book from my hands and waved it at me before heading back out the door.

***

i don't know how to end it oop

-lindsey