20- sparks

y/f/n- your friends name

***

"you'll love him y/n," my best friend says to me as we sit on my bed eating popcorn and twix bars.

"i don't know, should i? blind dates seem super sketchy, if you know what i mean," i said as i propped myself up on my elbows and shoved a mouthful of popcorn in my face.

"he's so hot y/n, and he's been looking for someone to go out with. you won't regret it," she said to me with a bright, reassuring smile.

"thanks y/f/n," i said, tucking myself into the covers and pulling out my phone, clicking on instagram.

"okay, search, Shawn, got it. here he is," i said quietly to myself as i looked through his instagram page. he was really cute, seemed nice.

i don't want to admit it, but i'm actually pretty excited.

***

"does this look okay?" i ask as i walk out into the middle of my bedroom and spin around in front of my best friend, showing her my new outfit for my date tonight.

"you look perfect y/n," she says as she grabs my hands and spins me around like in the movies. "go get 'em girl," she nudged me out the door and i stepped into my car.

"good luck!" she yelled at me as i pulled out of the driveway and waved in her direction.

i got to the restaurant, which is where Shawn told me to meet him, at around 6:30.

i walked into the front doors and i told the hostess Shawn's name.

"i'm here for Shawn, i don't know if he's here yet or," i said politely, twirling my lightly curled ombré hair around my finger.

"oh he's here, you two dating?" the hostess replied in her sweet southern accent as she grabbed her notebook and gave me a cheeky smile, her bleached blonde ringlets bouncing as she whipped around.

"no, actually, i've never met him before. my friend set us up." i said as i followed her towards what seemed like the back of the restaurant.

"wow... the way he was talking about you when he first got here made it seem like you've been dating for ages," she said, chuckling. "right through those doors is where your table is set up, enjoy doll,"

she strode away as i pushed open the large double doors, coming upon a small table for two, lit with candles and flower petals scattered along the tablecloth.

Shawn stood, in a suit and tie, holding a large bouquet of roses in one hand and a corsage in the other.

"hi, y/n?" he said as he stepped closer to me, holding out the flowers.

"yeah! it's so great to finally meet you," i said, reaching out as he kissed the top of my hand with his warm lips, his caramel eyes staring into mine. i gave him a smile as my eyes met his, but i quickly looked back to the floor.

"let's take a seat," he said as he gripped my hand and led me to my seat.

the details of that night would take hours to tell you, but it involved laughing, smiling till our cheeks hurt and lots and lots sparks flying. lots of sparks.

***

this ending is dumb

i hate this

-lindsey