Chapter 21

Cam POV

"Kai what the fuck you doing in jail?"

"They trying to pin me on some drug shit. Jai didn't answer I guess cuz it's a collect call from here so call him."

"I'm on my way okay?"

"Yeah." She hung up the phone.

I called Jai.

"Hello?"

"Kai got locked up."

"Fuck you mean?"

"I don't know all the details but we gotta go down there."

"I'm on the way, i'ma meet you."

I ran to my car then headed downtown.

Kai POV

"Okay, we found this illegal firearm strapped to your ankle. No matter what you say, you're going down for this."

"It's not an illegal firearm."

"How am I supposed to know it's legal?"

"How are you supposed to know it's illegal?"

"Backtalk won't get you anywhere."

"No facts will do the same for you." Another officer walked in and dropped this bad with a white substance in it on the table.

"Explain this cocaine we found, there's no way around that."

"That's washing powder." They started laughing.

"Washing powder? That's the best lie you could come up with?"

"Give it to the narcotics team and let em run it through."

After like an hour they came back.

"You can go but the firearm situation isn't over."

"Yes it is."

"Don't be too sure." I got the toy gun off the table and broke it.

"Have a nice day." I said then followed the police officer down the hallway. I saw Cam and Jai waiting.

"How you get out on a drug charge with possession of a firearm?" Jai asked.

"Washing powder and the toy section in Walmart, lets go." I got my possessions and walked outside to find my truck.

"If it was a fake gun they woulda noticed it."

"I have talents. Thanks for coming though."

"You going home?" Cam asked.

"Yeah."

"Aight, I'm right behind you." We all got in our separate cars and left.

I unlocked the door to my house. I sat my purse down on the living room table. I heard Killer barking so I went outside where he was. I gave him food and water then came back in.

"Kai."

"Huh?" I kept walking and went towards the stairs.

"I thought you didn't know Chris." I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?"

"Somebody just called this trac phone that fell from your purse. I answered cuz they called twice. Soon as I answered they was like 'Chris' I said 'I think you have the wrong number' then they said 'You play too much, we kinda low na'mean? When you gonna make another trip?' What's going on Kai?"

"That phone isn't yours to be answering!"

"Yours either! You gotta iPhone, what Chris phone doing in your purse if you don't know him? How he even gonna be a drug lord with somebody else holding his trap phone. Dumb ass."

"Cam get out!"

"What?"

"You going through my shit? It doesn't matter whose phone it is! Get out!" He had a lost look on his face then he gave me a surprised look.

"That's your phone. It all makes sense now. Jai did find Chris that night! You said we would never find Chris cuz Chris doesn't even exist! Damn. You show up as yourself to give messages from them to Chris but they were looking at Chris the whole time. Your soldiers don't know your name cuz sooner or later you knew this would happen and you knew Jai would be on the job for me. The nigga that's taking my money, my competition, my worst enemy is really the girl I'm in love with." He walked off then stopped. "Give me that chain." I got it from my purse and put it in his hand. "You act like you don't even care or feel bad."

"I don't care and why would I feel bad? I get money, other people's feelings don't matter."

"My feelings don't matter?"

"Mine didn't matter 3 years ago!" I hollered at him.

"Kai calm down."

"Get out! Now!" I walked up the stairs, went in my room and slammed the door.

Jai POV

"I know who Chris is." Cam said sitting across from me.

"What? How?"

"His trap phone fell from his purse and when it rung I answered it."

"The fuck you talking 'bout?"

"It's Kai."

"What?"

"Yeah, and she just kicked me out her house. She mad as hell."

"So that night at Carter's house, I actually did find Chris. That's why Jordan wouldn't tell me who his boss was or the person who transports messages."

"Kai gives them messages in person but none of them know her name and all of em scared of her."

"That damn Kai." I can't believe this shit. "I gotta go somewhere man, I'll get at you." We walked out and got in our separate cars.

I pulled up at my parent's house and walked in. I found my daddy in the game room.

"Wassup J?"

"I gotta tell you something pops. You never gon' believe this shit."

*

*

Now they know who Chris is!

I wonder what their daddy is gonna say or do?

What's gonna happen between Cam & Kai?

He said he was in love with her 😳