Chapter four

Mick

It was a rainy summer afternoon in California. Mick sat in his hotel room and took a drag of his cigarette. He started into space, even though he knew he should be preparing for his concert that was tomorrow night. He didn't even look up as his fellow band mate, Keith, walked into the room. Keith noticed Mick's distance and knew it wasn't like him.
"Are you thinking about that girl again, mate?"
Mick looked up and then down at his lap and put his head into his hands.
"I just can't seem to forget her! I know it sounds silly but I can't focus on anything but her."
Keith rolled his eyes and opened a bottle of wine.
"That's a first. Usually it's the other way around when you meet a girl. Maybe it's the fact she kissed you?"
Mick rolled his eyes and poured himself some wine.
"Please, women kiss me all the time. They are usually all over me! It's not a bad thing ya know?"
Keith let out a slight chuckle.
"Oh I know. Usually though, you kiss them. Not them you. But whatever you say. We need to prepare for tomorrow. I want to practice this chord with you to see if it sounds in key with your voice."
Mick shook out of his day dream and got to work, he started belting out the lyrics to Gimme Shelter.

Later that evening, while the others were getting ready to go to another party, Mick sat on the side of his bed and thought about the girl who kissed him. He was shook out of his thoughts when Keith and Ronnie rushed into his room.
"Let's go you son of a bitch!" Keith said laughing, already drunk.
Mick just laughed and shook his head. He lite a cigarette and started walking to the door.
" I'm coming don't get your panties in a wad. I was just lost in thought. Because unlike you two, I have half a brain." He said jokingly.
"Very funny lover boy." Keith said. "Ronnie and I here have a great idea for you. We have put a lot of thought into it."
Mick looked at them and laughed.
"This ought to be good."
"Oh it is." Keith slurred. "We think that you should send that girl you have been day dreaming about tickets to the concert."
Mick thought for a second. She couldn't be that hard to find could she? Not with all the people I have working for me. Maybe it was a good idea. Then she would know I have been thinking of her.
"Honestly, Keith, I think that's the smartest thing you two have said all day. "
Ronnie laughed.
"Now who has half a brain!" Ronnie shouted. Mick just laughed and got into the limo with them and two other lovely girls that took Mick's mind off Angie for the night.